• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Transitioning Sill Plate to framed, walk-out basement

jar546

Forum Coordinator
As you can see, this is not the best transition from a poured concrete foundation to an exterior wall of a walk out basement. What code issues do you see? I will throw in the photo from the bottom of the wall too. Click on the photos to enlarge.

FoundFrameConn.JPG FrameFoundation1.jpg

In pic 1 ... double top plate does not extend over the concrete wall, and the i-joist is sitting on the concrete ... secured with concrete nails?

Sometimes we see a TYP foundation stud and sometimes a white wood stud with sill sealer.

Is the I-joist on a treated sill?

Double top plate end joints should break a 24-inches

TYP bottom sill anchoring? Looks like they used concrete nails and plumbers strap?