• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New CBO exams

Took Building Codes and Standards two weeks ago..Failed. Wasn't even close. Back to the drawing board. There were some pretty in depth electrical questions I was not prepared for. Also, at least 5 questions on the test that the study exams never came close to touching on. May have to utilize a couple different programs to hit all the right chapters. Due to crazy work schedule I won't be able to dive into a study program again until middle of next week. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Tony

Took Building Codes and Standards two weeks ago..Failed. Wasn't even close. Back to the drawing board. There were some pretty in depth electrical questions I was not prepared for. Also, at least 5 questions on the test that the study exams never came close to touching on. May have to utilize a couple different programs to hit all the right chapters. Due to crazy work schedule I won't be able to dive into a study program again until middle of next week. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Tony
Did you retake the test ? How did you do ?

I'm signing up for end of January. I think England Training really misses the boat on the Building Codes and Standards Practice Quiz.. Unfortunately, they are the only company that's offering economical study material (whats the saying "you get what you pay for..). I'm going to switch it up and purchase a couple different test banks and go from there. I'll keep everyone posted.

Well I finally passed my building codes and standards test. What a relief. I highly recommend the PRONTO testing. I failed once at PearsonVue and failed one pronto test. So took it three times total. That completes my CBO testing journey. It's been a long one!

Well I finally passed my building codes and standards test. What a relief. I highly recommend the PRONTO testing. I failed once at PearsonVue and failed one pronto test. So took it three times total. That completes my CBO testing journey. It's been a long one!

Congrats!

Congratulations!

Congrats Tony!! Tough tests!!

I passed all my of exams using Pronto testing services last week It’s Highly recommended .

Congrats Tony!

I passed my exams and took a position as a BO at a smaller municipality.

I jumped right in and I love it!

Best of luck to you out there!!!

Did you have to take any others more then once? Having a tough time with management module! 74@, then, 71% feeling dejected! Too many finance and budget questions!!!

UPDATE: Passed Management Module June 1st. Going to sign up for Building Codes and Standards for end of July. Getting closer. Again, the only study material I used was the practice exams. Best of luck to all testing.

-Tony
Practice exams from where?

Greetings all. First time here. I just passed my BC exam, and found this forum while searching for advise on my next module. I believe the MM will be best for me to attempt. And advice is welcomed, and i would be glad to share info from my BC experience if needed.

Greetings all. First time here. I just passed my BC exam, and found this forum while searching for advise on my next module. I believe the MM will be best for me to attempt. And advice is welcomed, and i would be glad to share info from my BC experience if needed.

Welcome

Roll Tide

Congrats on the test.

My only advice, if not done yet, tab each chapter and the Index.

You found the right place. I am not a test taker, but there are some here that will advise you.

Highly suggest you become a “Sawhorse”
Easier to up load pictures and stuff, when you run into a problem you have not seen before,,,
Plus helps support the forum.