• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

1970 or 1975 BOCA codes?

geotek

Does anyone have a copy of the 1970 or 1975 BOCA codes? Specifically, I'm looking for the combustion air requirements listed in these codes. I have a boiler room installed sometime in the early 1970's that I'd like to confirm combustion air requirements for.

Scans of pages or any information at all would be appreciated, thanks.

Does anyone have a copy of the 1970 or 1975 BOCA codes? Specifically, I'm looking for the combustion air requirements listed in these codes. I have a boiler room installed sometime in the early 1970's that I'd like to confirm combustion air requirements for.

Welcome

No changes since installed back than ???

Or are you in one of those states you can go by old code.

No changes since installation as far as I can tell, boilers are still original.

Can only get my hands on back to 1984 BOCA right now....@Tim Mailloux I thought was scanning one....I know my library goes back further, I will look when I get a chance...

Can I get info from the 1971 BOCA Mechanical? If possible, could I get the entire combustion air requirements section? That'll really help in figuring out whats going on in my boiler room. Thanks!

I have a building built in 1978 - would have been under the 1975 BOCA code, which the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code referenced back to. I'm trying to find out what was required back then for the guards, and handrails, and any other requirements for stairs - such as treads, risers, etc. Was it based on NFPA 101?!? I have access to that, just don't have old BOCA codes. Can anyone help me with 1975 or even the 1978 BOCA egress requirements?

I have the 1970 BOCA Building, 1971 BOCA Mechanical, 1975 BOCA Building and Mechanical. Which code year do you want the information from?
I have a building built in 1978 - would have been under the 1975 BOCA code, which the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code referenced back to. I'm trying to find out what was required back then for the guards, and handrails, and any other requirements for stairs - such as treads, risers, etc. Was it based on NFPA 101?!? I have access to that, just don't have old BOCA codes.

I have a building built in 1978 - would have been under the 1975 BOCA code, which the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code referenced back to. I'm trying to find out what was required back then for the guards, and handrails, and any other requirements for stairs - such as treads, risers, etc. Was it based on NFPA 101?!? I have access to that, just don't have old BOCA codes.

Welcome

Icc wants a dollar a year

Sometimes it helps if you have ask a specific question/ problem

if this question is limited to that

I'm also in Richmond. As best as I remember in 1975 stairs could still have 8" risers and 9" treads in residential & possibly business occupancies. Assembly might have been 7 3/4" R & 10" T. Minimum width was 36" for less than 50 people, and 44" over 50. Guard heights were 32" and maximum spacing between pickets or horizontals was 9" or 12".

Thanks. I broke down and bought the 1975 BOCA Code. Is there a 1978 Code? I did not see that on the ICC site.