1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Ab 407

Discussion in 'Plumbing Codes' started by pwood, Dec 13, 2013.

1. conarb

conarb Registered User

Mark is right, Tiger you are confusing me with the environmental attorney who ran over and killed a man with his quarter of a million dollar Bentley.

So for an administrative penalty he gets disbarred at 72 years of age, he's already worth a fortune, nobody makes more money than an environmental attorney, he lives in Rossmoor a retirement community so he's already partially retired. For a criminal punishment he gets a slap on the wrist with no jail time, for a civil penalty I haven't read anything but probably nothing since the legal system values life at assets which are unaffected and will accrue to his heirs, as to future life earnings Phillips was 85 and probably no longer working, nothing has been said about a wife, but if there is one proving loss of consortium at 85 would be pretty hard for her, if not too embarrassing to attempt in court.

As Western regional counsel for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency he undoubtedly had at least some influence on tearing down our dams to protect the fish which has created the water shortage. There are environmentalists now still trying to get Hetch Hetchy torn down to make another Yosemite, a national park now so full of pot smokers that the whole place wreaks, and the rock and rap music of the lower classes that reverberates off the granite canyon walls so no decent people can even go there.

¹ http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_22674223/rossmoor-attorney-faces-disbarment-fatal-drunken-driving-accident

2. ICE

ICE Moderator

One thing about you conarb is that you're seldom a disappointment.

3. conarb

conarb Registered User

Pwood:My solution to burning on the no burn days has worked! I built a home and the owner wanted to burn wood, I researched it and installed a $36,000 Tulikivi fireplace from Finland. You aroused my curiosity so I just E-mailed my customer and here is his response:

So if you have enough money there is a way to beat the dirty bastards.Here it is View attachment 957

during construction, getting it approved was touchy, when the inspector asked for the approvals I gave him 6 inches worth of documentation, most of it written in Finnish, I did have a Canadian UL Report in English, when he asked what he was going to do with all of this I told him to put it in his file and sign my final, he asked if I had been paid yet, I said "No, but I'll get the last million dollars when you sign me off.", He signed like all good inspectors would do. View attachment 957

/monthly_2013_12/2661resized.jpg.3bc92e30060096b1fce86e4f4cba65cb.jpg

4. MASSDRIVER

MASSDRIVER Registered User

That would be true IF it were actually conserving water. But if people are actually just running water longer to make up for reduced flow then it is ineffectual.

A little critical thinking would point to Toilets saving no water, but efficient machines like washers and dishwashers saving some. If you are filling the sink, then you are filling the sink. Bathtubs as well. My experience is most waste goes down the gutter while watering lawns. But for some reason people think their lawns need watering everyday, which is not true, and most people use highly aerated which just throw mist in the air. They bought into the low-flow-saves-water hype. Landscapers that know what they are doing push the big droplet higher flow head and run it a shorter period of time, or use undergrass systems.

And paying for what you use helps a lot.

So far I have not found any studies that can empirically show that water use has curtailed at all because of low-flow regulations.

Brent.

5. pwood

pwood Platinum Member

ban swimming pools and golf courses an the toilets can stay the same. The one percenters would then be criminals!

6. conarb

conarb Registered User

No, institute a one child per family policy like the Chinese and start depopulating the earth so there is enough water to go around.

We contractors have to put up a bond on larger projects to guarantee that we can complete the project, make anyone wanting a child put up a bond to assure that the care, feeding, and education of the child doesn't fall back on the taxpayers.

¹ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation

7. Rio

Rio Silver Member

This all tie into AB32, the Greenhouse Emissions Reduction Act, where California is going to show the rest of the world how to live 'within our carbon footprint means'. This means it's necessary to make energy more expensive (think TDV and TOU metering on electric panels) so we use less of it rather than building new power plants with abundant and inexpensive natural gas.

If California had kept pace with water infrastructure improvements for the last 60 years we'd have plenty of it; there's been a change in philosophy from growing the pie to making the pie more expensive so people will consume less of it. Of course it hits the poor and middle class hardest but who cares about that?