• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Acceptable practices with installing ceiling drywall before interior walls

This. A more succinct version of what I tried to say in #4. Whether or not you need the clips that laterally brace the walls to trusses while allowing it to move vertically is a different issue.
I think they are excellent, they secure the wall and allow for movement, I think they are excellent. All houses I have seen built correctly with trusses have used the clips and never installed drywall first. I am just living in small cabin with no plumbing way down the hill and as much as i can speed things up the better. But at the end of the day, probably not much time savings.

Truss clips are used to secure the top of partition walls. Truss clips allow the bottom chord of the truss to secure the wall with no bearing. How much a truss flexes is not something I know about. I would expect a fierce wind to have a slight effect as well as moisture content variations in the wood.
Really my only concern is snow load as far as movement goes. I get decent winds but never seen gusts over 50mph in worst storm in my area in past 10 years. I think I am abandoning ship on the idea because people are right with flex/truss settling. My argument is you could still semi float the interior wall and poke your truss clip through the drywall. This may sound like a hassle but I could put up 12' sheets of drywall and drywall both units ceilings in a day. Drywall is my least favorite in all phases of construction and the ceiling really adds to that. You still have to mud and tape but it will take me a week easy to go around all these interior walls. I could still theoretically slit a small hole for the truss plate, and mud/tape around those but at the end of the day is the juice really worth the squeeze, so as i gather this I dont think its worth doing.