• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

A new house is on it's way. Plate and detail is ahead of the game.

DSCN7494.jpg

This was built with a permit in 1981.

DSCN7530.jpg

Some time later a few changes were made.

DSCN7527.jpg

There is now a permit to change the roof from shed to gable. They requested an inspection to see if I will ask them to tear out the walls too.

DSCN7529.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One more guy has decided to field wrap 50' of gas pipe. He will be the first guy that gets to keep it.

DSCN7516.jpg

Quick, get some stucco on that wall before anybody notices. The things that I've had to tell these people during the course of this job....it shouldn't be this way.

DSCN7551.jpg

The scope of work per the permit and plans is to replace rafters that burned off years ago.

These two don't look all that thrilled to be there.

I should have asked them to take a picture of me.

DSCN7538.jpg

We are taught to recognize danger signs. This kid wants to break something.

DSCN7538-Version2.jpg

Ten minutes to quitting time and I am asked to go do an electrical inspection. The people bought a house without el. service and Edison was waiting to hear from me before they hook them up.

Too many loose electrical ends for that.

DSCN7559-Version2.jpg

Is this a train wreck thread? Can I play too...Tell them they need to provide an EERO for the basement...and you get a lovely retaining wall. Complete with custom hooks for hanging garbage bags.View attachment 1481View attachment 1482Tried to delete post since I messed up the photo uploads. No such option. Sorry for the lack of embedded photos. Their still funny though.

View attachment 613

View attachment 614

View attachment 613

View attachment 614

/monthly_2012_11/572953c51f4bd_basementstairs_comic.jpg.2cfc9ffd31dbdcef713b563f3dba2ee3.jpg

/monthly_2012_11/572953c521cc6_basementstairs_comic2.jpg.18c3134941d66a370727bea9e6b8dfb0.jpg

This is the thread for that. The pictures did come through. Kinda small and you have to open a link but they are there. So let's see how bad it can be in Glenn's world.

Probably nothing out of the ordinary for most of the country but a real faux pas here. What's troubling is that this is right in the middle of town on a busy street and nobody is complaining.

DSCN7552.jpg

I can't seem to get photos show up in the post. You got a video that can show me how, ICE...hee, hee, hee... ;)

Glenn said:
I can't seem to get photos show up in the post. You got a video that can show me how, ICE...hee, hee, hee... ;)
Ya but it ain't free.

Use photobucket....oh so simple and you can copy a full size picture right there and paste it right here for free....I've been waiting for someone with a camera to come along. Most of the people here still have to get up to change the channel. Fatboy waits until he needs to pee.

After the picture is loaded go to albums. Below the picture are choices....pick share....the next window is all of the ways to share.....pick get link code .....now there is a page with six choices....the second from the bottom says full size....put the cursor there and right click....select all.....right click again and copy.....come here and paste.

Now if none of this is possible it is because photobucket is trying out a new version. They did that to me but I found a button that said go back to the old version of photobucket...which I did because the new version sucks.

The company that did this is notorious for installing an inverted sewer liner without telling us. [we don't allow them] They take out a permit for a few feet of pipe. I became suspicious so I asked for a camera run and sure enough there's the liner. Now they get the pipe inspected before they install the liner. I approve the pipe [not this one] and then they install the liner after we are done. I've tripped them up a few times by asking the owner questions. I can't trust the owners either.

DSCN7582.jpg

My office manager saw the picture and had a strong reaction to the split plate. Although it would have been better had they replaced it, I'm not inclined to make them do it now. What I don't like is the narrow space between the HDs.