• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

I don't recall having ever seen this arrangement before. Women are not going to be pleased with this.
It’s part of a restaurant TI. Since the business is shut down it’s good time to remodel.

IMG_3003.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't recall having ever seen this arrangement before. Women are not going to be pleased with this.

View attachment 7137
I've seen it done on a few projects. Not a fan, but not something I can throw a code section down against either.

Just know that every soul who touches that door, has not washed their hands.

Hope there's some plans and an engineer involved.:eek:

What do they call that plywood sandwich below the exterior wall running the length of the steel I-beam? Is that designed out or is that one of those "We always do that!", things?
This was sent to me by a fellow inspector. Not my project so I have no info.
I've seen it done on a few projects. Not a fan, but not something I can throw a code section down against either.

Just know that every soul who touches that door, has not washed their hands.
I always wash my hands before I pee.....you never know where those hands have been.

405.3.2 Public lavatories. In employee and public toilet rooms, the required lavatory shall be located in the same room as the required water closet.

This will get weird when the shy bladder people win out and all of the W/C and urinals have to be in their own "room"....

I look at strange details sometimes. Looks like round floor drains under the lavs and the urinal, and either no drain or a square one in the women’s room. Why the disparity?

The presence of a urinal triggers the requirement for a floor drain. Apparently women don’t pee on the floor......as much as men.
I had a friend who was between jobs and he hired on as a maintenance guy at a walmart. He said the nastiest place to clean up was always the womens restroom.

A friend worked at a stadium where a hockey team was based. He said that the women trashed their bathrooms.

Last edited:
ICE,
Is that three coat stucco wire of two coat and a jacket stucco wire?

I've never seen that product

The guy on the phone claims to have a license. He said that this is new technology. I heard him say "Do you understand that there is a wire in the armor?"

IMG_0872.jpeg

IMG_0872 2.jpeg

"New Technology"

How old is this guy? UL published the first edition of UL 4 – Standard for Armored Cable in 1917.