• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An average day

Thanks Sue

I was in this house doing an inspection of the new furnace. I appreciate quality woodwork.

12180899725_34b80230a4_o.jpg

Last edited:
12199161683_62bef9990b_o.jpg

Everywhere that they placed sheet metal, they could see through the roof.

12199521876_67774ae350_o.jpg

Last edited:
Heard at a solar installation job: "Sorry ma'am, but in good conscience we can't install this true wonder of nature and savior of human kind. You will need to have a roof installed before we can proceed."........

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Not in this lifetime.

Brent.

Actually Brent, that has happened a few times. A few companies are not installing on shot roofs....or metal roofs. Then there's the bandits that will be out of business in a few years.

ICE said:
Actually Brent, that has happened a few times. A few companies are not installing on shot roofs....or metal roofs. Then there's the bandits that will be out of business in a few years.
Those dudes should get free Big Macs or something for doing the right thing.

Brent.

pwood said:
Really!!! I'd sooner have a Tabasco sauce enema than eat a Big Mac!
Lemme tell you about a time I was cutting up habeneros and then went to the bathroom without washing my hands FIRST........You must really hate MCD...

ICE said:
Everywhere that they placed sheet metal, they could see through the roof.
I'm not sure if I am supposed to be looking at the ridge cap or the primary lines going over the pool in the first photo. The pole is adjacent to the white fence, the white fence is 16' South of the wood fence.. the pool looks like it is closer than that to the wood fence.

What is up with that ridge cap.. never seen anything quite like that, expecially when the rest of the roof looks ok. I would suspect the contractors, but every piece of cap looks like that.

TimNY said:
I'm not sure if I am supposed to be looking at the ridge cap or the primary lines going over the pool in the first photo. The pole is adjacent to the white fence, the white fence is 16' South of the wood fence.. the pool looks like it is closer than that to the wood fence.What is up with that ridge cap.. never seen anything quite like that, expecially when the rest of the roof looks ok. I would suspect the contractors, but every piece of cap looks like that.
We just reroofed a house with that same condition. Roof was still intact but every ridge was shot. I think the folded dimensional stuff must move more with the weather and deteriorates it faster.

Brent

The long

12229064154_9bb555ee05_o.jpg

And the short.

12228970454_8b83b835d9_o.jpg

Last edited:
When this is completed the water heater will be hidden in a kitchen cabinet. The contractor elevated the water heater because he thinks that is a code requirement and didn't install a smitty pan because he thinks that's an option.

12245151666_e0ae47ec5e_o.jpg

Last edited:
I can't see the valve and I hate sticking my hand into the unknown. The handle hits the wall so I'm not positive that it shuts off the gas.

12424466813_3cb84dcc51_o.jpg

I am positive that the valve will not fully open.

12424793884_94eb0d47d2_o.jpg

Last edited:
Such a trifling mistake. The permit says that you are from Fontana. I guess it can wait until you have another job in the area, but wait a minute, you want to get paid huh. You can make the trip in 45 minutes if traffic isn't too bad.

12530295233_c38f1f3caf_o.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering, why do we have 2 different Average Day threads? It's much easier to just go to one to view all the stupid mistakes that inspectors have found for a given day instead of having to go to to threads. I can't see any logical reason for having 2 different ones. It also caused the problem if you want to go back and find something posted previously because you don't the which one to look at.

There was a time that the original average day thread froze up. It wouldn't allow any more posts. So I started another thread which is average day too. Then one day months or years later the original thread opened up anew. So I used it again. I was curious to see how many views It would grow to before it went off to dead thread land.

Between the two of them, there must be a couple thousand pictures. Imagine all of the thread titles I would have to come up with for that. Most of it isn't worth a thread of it's own. So I do it this way to stay out of some people's way and make it easy on myself. I'm lazy that way. Anyway things have slowed down and I haven't done much lately,

Last edited by a moderator: