• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Another sign of hard times at the ICC

sonomaconsultant said:
Hello all, old time member of the old ICC BB, new member here. Years ago the ICBO folks gave us nice certificates, suitable for framing, but now all I get are little wallet cards. Just another case of the "bean-counters" in charge.Haven’t hung mine all the wall in years and the sad thing is only other folks in our industry know what they are. Oh well......... I'm glad I rejoined this venue and looking forward to contributing.

BTW, I spent time on the ICC Residential Code committee and was an alternate of the residential plan exam committee. Nice folks and we had fun. As a long time bldg. code instructor at our local community college I’m used to making up exams and there is a certain governing protocol to it.

Jerry
welcome jerry,

did you bail out of san mateo? i was in montera last weekend, pretty country!

Hi Pwood and thanks to all who welcomed me. Yep, finally left San Mateo and moved to Healldsburg, just north of Windsor, which is just north of Santa Rosa along 101.

Thought I'd move closer to my favorite baverage and see if I can get a job inspecting CBC Section 436. :D

Does anybody know if ICC is putting out a CD for the new CRC? I really prefer using a CD to wading through code books. It's so much easier to cut & paste.

Jerry

sonomaconsultant said:
Hi Pwood and thanks to all who welcomed me. Yep, finally left San Mateo and moved to Healldsburg, just north of Windsor, which is just north of Santa Rosa along 101.Thought I'd move closer to my favorite baverage and see if I can get a job inspecting CBC Section 436. :D

Does anybody know if ICC is putting out a CD for the new CRC? I really prefer using a CD to wading through code books. It's so much easier to cut & paste.

Jerry
i have family in st helena,napa and yountville and they work in the wine industry. no shortage of the good stuff in this family. i am expecting the hard copy of the new codes today so the cd"s should be available. check with the cash cow if you can navigate their........uhm,uhm,...website!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry:

Welcome, you need to register at CalCode.org, there is zero traffic there and he may not publish the new code, I asked this morning. It could be a very valuable site but it's limitation to California impedes traffic.