• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Anyone taking a vacation this summer?

Yikes

Gold Member
Where are you going?

And for those of you who live in cold winter climates, is summer too busy with building and inspection? ...do you vacation in the slow winter months instead?

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hitting hawaii for the first time!!!! maui / oahu

I take time off when I need it!! those pseky contracors can wait..

Plus with Iphone and face time,trying to figure out how to do change a drive by to an Iphone!

7 yrs, 2 weeks left to the endless.........

Typically we wait till it cools off October-November, or real early spring, take a week and go somewhere warmer.

Heading to Michigan Speedway next month for Nascar weekend. 5 days of camping with wife and friends with no electricity. Been doing it for 4 years now and looking forward to it. I am sure Captain Morgan will make a visit. 5 years and 2 days until I can retire, not that I have been counting.

FM William Burns said:
Come on now................ You can afford on of those Drones :)
Tried to get the boss to get one, but could not afford the long range model, I could operate from the beach

~ ~ | ~ ~

What's a vacation ?........I know not of this term which has been submitted ! :-o

~ ~ | ~ ~

I leave Saturday for a week in Lake Tahoe. I have a neighboring town inspector covering for me building only, electrical and plumbing done separate inspectors.

the only inspections that will be those that will hold up progress on important work, no deck finals, swimming pools.

foundations, frames, insulation and the like will get done, she may end up with 10 inspections at the most

TheCommish said:
I leave Saturday for a week in Lake Tahoe. I have a neighboring town inspector covering for me building only, electrical and plumbing done separate inspectors. the only inspections that will be those that will hold up progress on important work, no deck finals, swimming pools.

foundations, frames, insulation and the like will get done, she may end up with 10 inspections at the most
Massachusetts to calif, that is a good flip

steveray said:
That's my new RV/tow rig....Not so old hot shot FF truck...
steveray, you've got to start a new thread explaining this one some more. How are you modifying the inside? What are you towing with it, where are you going with it and what do you do when you get there?

This reminds me of those "ultimate man rig" videos where they modify an old russian military transport into an off-road motorhome.

Yikes said:
steveray, you've got to start a new thread explaining this one some more. How are you modifying the inside? What are you towing with it, where are you going with it and what do you do when you get there?This reminds me of those "ultimate man rig" videos where they modify an old russian military transport into an off-road motorhome.
http://globalxvehicles.com/safari-extreme/

I compete with a buddy of mine in offroad "rockcrawling" ....the link I put up above was a comp in PA last weekend. He drives, I tell him where to go and stack rocks occasionally Sometimes I get to go out just for fun too in my jeeps.....I wanted something that would tow 2 "Jeeps" and not worry about overloading. Most of the box that is on the truck will probably be sleeping accomodations, and then an enclosed trailer with 2 behind it, shower, toilet,etc....FD paid $130,000 for it...I got it with 85,000mi on it for $24k....

Yikes said:
steveray, you've got to start a new thread explaining this one some more. How are you modifying the inside? What are you towing with it, where are you going with it and what do you do when you get there?This reminds me of those "ultimate man rig" videos where they modify an old russian military transport into an off-road motorhome.