• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Arrived in Denver - BB discussion with ICC

I've about gotten over the altitude :D , back home in the Blue Ridge with bluegrass on the radio. It was a pleasure to meet with you all. I was the token non member/ builder/ riff raff sitting beside DeMika in the corner. Thanks for the heads up about this board. I had not realized there was a migration from the "communities" or that anyone other than the public was discontent with the arrangement, I just went back to work when I heard the closing of another door. I'm glad and appreciative you all stuck to your guns and helped make this happen. The change a year ago brought a saying to mind, "you cannot define just a group, when you do you define two groups, those inside and those outside". Hopefully we can all move forward realizing we share common goals.During dinner I was talking with a few of y'all about a little project I had underway... and I'm curious about posting pics here. We passed grading and engineering yesterday on some oak timbers I harvested on the jobsite, got the porch posts and beams set today. I enjoyed spending a little time with you all.

View attachment 189

View attachment 189

/monthly_2010_09/bolster1.jpg.e65f2f288a6371a7b48b8a3e93c70390.jpg

DRP, Welcome and enjoy this site. This is the place to be. Really enjoyed your perspective and comments in Denver. Ahhhh, the Blue Ridge and bluegrass. Your preaching to the choir brother! Play stand-bass myself.

As for rough timber... Well, all anybody has to do is go back to the old CABO codes with a little simple engineering that todays 9th grader can do and PROJECT APPROVED! What have we become?

Welcome DRP...........I was one of the folks that was chatting with you at dinner. Keep the pics coming! Schweeeet!

fatboy, Did you approve your contact information to the softwear vendor yet? I did that yesterday and recommended that they also include the a.k.a. Such as jpranch, fatboy, vegas paul, etc... What do you think?

Did you approve your contact information to the softwear vendor yet?
I read this and thought you guys were getting shirts or something. Then I realized that you were talking about software. Oops, my fault. The English language is great, isn't it? LOL!!!

Understood. We are just putting together a contact list of those who were in Denver. Looks like we will be working together for the next year or so?

DRP,

Always like to see more Virginia people. Thanks for coming over and welcome. I also enjoyed meeting you in Denver. I have done some timber frame work. Very rewarding but overwhelming for some inspectors. Got any more pics?