• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

at least they tried

SoCal has not been able to supply its' own potable water in adequate volume for a very long time. The fish issue is relatively new.

NYC has likewise been piping/siphoning water from Upstate communities for many decades.

JBI said:
SoCal has not been able to supply its' own potable water in adequate volume for a very long time. The fish issue is relatively new. NYC has likewise been piping/siphoning water from Upstate communities for many decades.
And not very efficiently I might say........

The Croton Water Filtration Plant Project[edit]

In order to comply with federal and state laws regarding the filtration and disinfection of drinking water, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the New York State Department of Health called on the city to create a treatment plan to serve the Croton System. The underground filtration plant is under construction in Van Cortlandt Park. While the Bloomberg administration originally budgeted the project at $992 million in 2003, an audit by the city's comptroller placed the actual costs at $2.1 billion in August 2009.[8]

Delaware Aqueduct repair[edit]

The New York City water supply system***************** leaks at a rate of up to 36 million US gallons (140,000 m3) per day.*******************[9] A complex five-year project with an estimated $240 million construction cost was initiated in November 2008 to correct some of this leakage.

Water tunnel No. 3[edit]

The construction of Water tunnel No. 3 is intended to provide the city with a critical third connection to its Upstate New York water supply system, allowing the city to close tunnels No. 1 and No. 2 for repair for the first time of their history. The tunnel will eventually be more than 60 miles (97 km) long. Construction on the tunnel began in 1970, and its first phase is completed. Completion of all phases is not expected until at least 2020.[10]

JBI said:
SoCal has not been able to supply its' own potable water in adequate volume for a very long time. The fish issue is relatively new.
Not new at all, we had dams in the Sierras providing water, electricity, and recreation until The Sierra Club wackos started on a campaign to stop the building of dams and actually tear down existing dams, several are being torn down on the Oregon-California border now, every few years environmental groups start clamoring to tear down Hetch Hetchy that serves San Francisco and many surrounding communities, their first reasoning was that dams were old technology, the future was nuclear, and we should move immediately to nuclear, now they say we can't have nuclear. The environmental industry is very wealthy and powerful.View attachment 1086

As a matter of fact we have enough water right now if we turned on the pumps, but the pumps can't be turned on because they can kill the fish. At the same time we are incinerating birds with a solar plant, in the couple of months it's been in operation I heard they estimate 570,000 birds have been incinerated, the workers there call them "streamers" as they burst into flames and come streaming down, but where are all the environmental organizations? ¹ There are now reports of pilots being temporarily blinded by the solar reflections as it sits under an airway between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. ¹ http://sploid.gizmodo.com/the-worlds-largest-solar-plant-is-killing-birds-meltin-1525107821View attachment 1086

/monthly_2014_08/572953d382272_greenfunding.png.2185ef409980ba5fe790c88255f73e6b.png

mark handler said:
Yes DickYou posts relate to the OP, a toilet room that does not meet code
I don't know what happened but I posted this morning in Post #21 about Obamacare fining fat people in response to the toilet issue, that post has disappeared but the current Post #21 is ICE's response to my fat people post:

ICE #21 said:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by

conarb

make it a crime to be fat

Richard Simmons is coming for you

fatboy

mark handler said:
Obama care and water use/conservation have nothing to do with an accessible toilet.
Mark:

My post on toilets and fat people also contained references to other totalitarian left wing laws, that is what has inspired the subsequent posts from Brent, JBI, and Steve about water usage.

mark handler said:
Why dont you start a thread in off topics "totalitarian left wing laws"
Let's forget about the totalitarian laws, let's talking about the government enforcing the law fining fat people, if we get rid of fat people we won't have these toilet problems, much less the need for the vast majority of ADA regulations. You're the one who continually claims that laws should be enforced without discretion.

conarb said:
No, I think everything is about which laws should be enforced and which shouldn't, or at least enforced with discretion.
“The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly,” Abraham Lincoln.

Continuous postings about totalitarian laws and government policies on this website, will make no change. Most of us have no control over federal and state laws and policies. I do not enforce Obama care and obamacare has NO relationship to the building codes.

Unfortunately you have nothing to add to this website so I am going to add you to my ignore list

Last edited by a moderator:
mark handler said:
“The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly,” Abraham Lincoln.Continuous postings about totalitarian laws and government policies on this website, will make no change. Most of us have no control over federal and state laws and policies. I do not enforce Obama care and obamacare has NO relationship to the building codes.

Unfortunately you have nothing to add to this website so I am going to add you to my ignore list
A gift for CONARB!!

Also,

"What I do say is, that no man is good enough to govern another man, without that other's consent. I say this is the leading principle - the sheet anchor of American republicanism."

Abraham Lincoln

Brent.

Mark said:
Continuous postings about totalitarian laws and government policies on this website, will make no change. Most of us have no control over federal and state laws and policies. I do not enforce Obama care and obamacare has NO relationship to the building codes.
This administration is refusing to enforce laws, if the Republicans do bring an action against the President to force him to enforce all laws it will establish a precedent that will apply to all law enforcement. Codes become laws, I am with this President on this one, I hope the Republicans do sue and I hope the President wins so we have a precedent that the executive does have discretion in enforcing laws. The current situation in Missouri is an example of tyrannical enforcement of laws without discretion.

Codes were about health, safety, and increasing the tax base, with the advent of the ICC 14 years ago they have added social engineering (Green, Energy, ADA as examples), which has ended up politicizing the codes.

conarb, The ADA predates the ICC by several years, as do many Energy Conservation Codes (NYS has had an Energy Conservation Code since the 70's). The Green Building movement would have happened with or without ICC.

Flawed logic doesn't win arguments..

The depth of intelligence of many participants on this forum and their comments generate enough heat that if "harnessed" could minimize the need for solar and wind energy.

Points and counterpoints shared here should also be shared with the authors of our laws.

Note: Executive descretion derives from freewill but freewill is not necessarily used logicly.

JBI said:
conarb, The ADA predates the ICC by several years, as do many Energy Conservation Codes (NYS has had an Energy Conservation Code since the 70's). The Green Building movement would have happened with or without ICC. Flawed logic doesn't win arguments..
JBI:

Jeff says he doesn't want political posts, yet codes have become political, many like the ADA and Green Codes are promulgated by left wing political activist groups. How can you ban political posts when you are enforcing political codes?

Our legacy codes had nothing to do with these political codes, in California our (misnamed) Title 24 predated the ICC and still exists but has been incorporated into the new Energy Code (first as Energy Standards, now as Energy Code).

As to ADA, Wikipedia has a good summary of disability activism, as to the Green Code the activism and politicization of environmentalism is overwhelming, I published the wealth of these organizations yesterday. Our local City of Richmond has a Green Party mayor, the major industry in that city is Chevron's oil refinery, in order to get a permit for expansion or modernization the city blackmails Chevron for as much as they can get, in the current round Chevron agreed to $90 million, the activist groups ended up putting green measures ahead of their only public hospital which is going bankrupt (Medicare, Medical, Obamacare do not pay enough for a hospital to survive without a heavy mix of private paying customers). Building permits are the clout that activist groups use enforce their agenda, obtaining a building permit is now political. ¹ Just like to get a permit to build or remodel a home, we have to pay an affordable housing fee, in some areas this can run into hundreds of thousands of dollars, a friend recently paid a $67,000 affordable housing fee to get a permit for a million dollar remodel, what the Hell does housing poor people in wealthy communities have to do with a permit to build or remodel a house?

We need to get politics out of building codes!

¹ http://www.contracostatimes.com/west-county-times/ci_26242232/richmond-approves-massive-chevron-refinery-project-90-million

Wealthy communities need service employees, where are those employees to live if not near to their employers?

"Wealthy communities need service employees, where are those employees to live if not near to their employers? "

Why should it be my responsibility to build them a house in order to build one for myself?

Paul Sweet said:
"Wealthy communities need service employees, where are those employees to live if not near to their employers? "Why should it be my responsibility to build them a house in order to build one for myself?
Speaking metaphorically of course ;-)