• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Best Option for Unvented Bathroom in a High-Rise Condo

The exterior is not his to alter without permission, given the height above grade and if allowed, may be very expensive.
Also, how was it approved without ventilation to begin with (louvered door?)

The exterior is not his to alter without permission, given the height above grade and if allowed, may be very expensive.
Also, how was it approved without ventilation to begin with (louvered door?)
I believe they can't do any changes at all to anything permanent in the interior or exterior without permission from the owners or condo association. Sometimes you can't even change the curtains without permission. I don't know what the height has to do with it. What is your point?

I would guess their was no ventilation because it was built before their was codes or before code required it or it was removed without a permit or the inspector screwed up.