• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Cast to PVC above hard ceiling (not plenum space) high-rise and fire-penetration

Theoretically, there was a firestop submittal for the original installation, which would have had a penetration system for the original penetrant. A new firestop assembly must now be submitted. As you point out the inspection of the system may be difficult now since they installed the pan. Anytime I get plans for one of these types of remodels that will involve disturbing the rated assemblies I ask for a system prior to permit issuance. Of course, then I have to explain what all that means.

@ = @ = @

Rembo, ...the angle of your photo looks like
water will be draining uphill downstream of
the P-Trap.

@ = @ = @

Last edited: