• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CBO 3 part exam

Rob

hello all. I did read many posts about this subject but I wanted to ask. I am starting to study for the icc cbo 3 part exam and will start with the management module. That being said I can not find any study material on icc or google that I trust. I did go over the outline on icc MM but I want to be prepared. Any one have additional information on this or the other modules would help and cause less grey hair
Thanks all
Rob
Szwedrobert@yahoo.com

I purchased the legal module (mg) after I posted this from “study the code” web site. My only worry is the Human Resources manual. They only have 15 questions on the study guide and based on the icc outline it’s 28% of the exam. The hr manual is a tough read aghhhh. I plan to take the exam in the next couple of weeks and will give feed back. Fingers crossed. There are not many posts about this exam so I am relying on the icc outline which is a hit and miss

Rob, first off welcome. There might be a reason about the lack of information as the CBO used to be a 2 part exam. The 3 part exam really has not been around that long. I took the 2 part exam a long time ago. The part that drove me crazy was the lawyer speak in Latin! Best of luck to you!

I have to agree with you Rob, the HR book is tough to get a grasp of. And I’ve taken many tests over the past 2 years. Good luck to you on your tests! Post to let us know how you did, I’ll do the same.

Thanks all. Did anyone find the answer to the question posted about an emergency inspection after a deck collapse?
1 misfeasance
2 nonfeasance
3 malfeasance
4 liability

Lol if you read the post everyone has a different answer or view.
I think it’s b. Because the question states “ had not conducted a proper connection inspection “ and nonfeasance = nonperformance of some act that a person is obligated or has the responsibility to perform.
Thanks all I’ll keep you posted

Took the legal test today and passed. I must say it was not that easy. Tips; study the law inside and out. You need to understand the the outcome of many case laws and know what was done wrong and why.
The admin read it all I agree the first 5 chapters are icc fluff but I had to look in those sections.

Hr tab the heck out of it. It saved my rear end.

Ibc, prop mat and fire code was the easy part.
Good luck.
Now it’s time for the management module. If anyone has tips please post
Thanks
Rob

Took the legal test today and passed. I must say it was not that easy. Tips; study the law inside and out. You need to understand the the outcome of many case laws and know what was done wrong and why.
The admin read it all I agree the first 5 chapters are icc fluff but I had to look in those sections.

Hr tab the hell out of it. It saved my ass.

Good luck.
Thanks
Rob

Congrats

Hr tab the hell out of it. It saved my ass.

Good luck.
Thanks
Rob

Congrats! How did you tab the HR book? By chapter?

Passed the management and now off to study the BC module. I plan to start a new post on the bc

Sorry I did tab the sections on federal laws in hr. About 5 tabs. Everything else I used the index for. But I did circle the page number in the index that I thought was important for that subject. An example is in the index if I was looking up let’s say “interview” the index would have like 20 different pages to look up. my study method was to circle the pages that I thought was important. I did this for all the books. Hr, admin and legal. You need to know it all.

Sorry I did tab the sections on federal laws in hr. About 5 tabs. Everything else I used the index for. But I did circle the page number in the index that I thought was important for that subject. An example is in the index if I was looking up let’s say “interview” the index would have like 20 different pages to look up. my study method was to circle the pages that I thought was important. I did this for all the books. Hr, admin and legal. You need to know it all.
Gotcha, thanks!

New guy here. So not good study guide? I have to take the Legal (MG) very soon. I got thrown to the sharks and am bad behind the 8 ball!

New guy here. So not good study guide? I have to take the Legal (MG) very soon. I got thrown to the sharks and am bad behind the 8 ball!

Welcome

How long have you been involved with codes??

Welcome

How long have you been involved with codes??
HA! Not long enough. 2 months and 2 days, but as a "Codes Enforcement Officer", and as Animal Control and Environmental Control at that. My county panicked and signed me up for the provisional license. Now i have the 60 day window to pass a module. I am learning Legal may be the best. I am in for it I think! I always have found forums and associations to be the best real source of info!

HA! Not long enough. 2 months and 2 days, but as a "Codes Enforcement Officer", and as Animal Control and Environmental Control at that. My county panicked and signed me up for the provisional license. Now i have the 60 day window to pass a module. I am learning Legal may be the best. I am in for it I think! I always have found forums and associations to be the best real source of info!
In my state, WV the provisional is 2 years. Check your state and see who controls that.( Fire Marshall, State Board, etc. ) Can't hurt to double check.
Best of luck. @ 6 months you're gonna need it brother

Greetings gentlemen. I am new here and just passed my legal module for the CBO. I am starting to study for the management test. I'm looking for practice tests, study guides or anything else that would aid in passing. For anyone that has not passed the Legal module. Let me know and I can pass on what I have that would help.

Thanks

New to the site and I am searching for help from others that have endured the new CBO exam nightmare. I am just now starting to study for the management portion of the exam and I cannot find anything that would give me an idea of what types of questions they are asking. Is there any of you guy/gals that have taken the test and could possibly show me what direction I need to go in. I do in return have some notes on the legal portion that I would be more than willing to share in return.

Thanks in advance.