• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Chinese drywall

No but I have made mistakes buying and sale of houses

Have you talked to the building official for that city for advice or what has been going on with the dry wall???

I'll have to ask her to do that.
The gov web sire said Chinese drywall only comes 1/2" and the test was on the garage ceiling. The house is a ranch so I assume that was 1/2" but I should find out.

Consider that she will have to disclose this if and when she goes to sell it later.
Even if she were to rent it a tenant could take issue down the road.

The gov web sire said Chinese drywall only comes 1/2" and the test was on the garage ceiling.
Most contractors install 5/8" on ceilings and your report does not identify the thickness of the drywall tested.
If it is 5/8" it is not Chinese drywall. The test needs to be preformed in an interior wall within the living area not the garage area and not a ceiling