• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Discharge through a fire truck parking shed

Mostafa Magdy

I'm working on a fire station plan that needs two exits one of those exits is discharge directly to an adjacent fire truck parking shed, I need to know can I consider this an exit discharge what part of the code that discuss my case?

According to "IBC 2015"
1028.1 General. Exits shall discharge directly to the exterior of the building. The exit discharge shall be at grade or shall provide a direct path of egress travel to grade. The exit discharge shall not reenter a building.

https://pasteboard.co/JvKcK88.png

I'm working on a fire station plan that needs two exits one of those exits is discharge directly to an adjacent fire truck parking shed, I need to know can I consider this an exit discharge what part of the code that discuss my case?

According to "IBC 2015"
1028.1 General. Exits shall discharge directly to the exterior of the building. The exit discharge shall be at grade or shall provide a direct path of egress travel to grade. The exit discharge shall not reenter a building.

also, I can't upload any image as it refuses to accept the link, so I have attached the like' if anybody knows how to upload kindly reply

also, I can't upload any image as it refuses to accept the link, so I have attached the like' if anybody knows how to upload kindly reply

How about Sq ft for the spaces

Occupancy types

There is a provision not to exit through storage

According to "IBC 2015"

Link did work

Some not clear and need sq ft for each of three boxes

Are you trying to go from right box thru truck bay thru left box as second exit???

Link did work

Are you trying to go from right box thru truck bay thru left box as second exit???
the right and left boxes are separate buildings, I only have a problem at the right building, occupancy classification is business with OL 120

Link did work

the right box is 570 m2 the left box is 256 m2 the intermediate shed is 550 m2

the right and left boxes are separate buildings, I only have a problem at the right building, occupancy classification is business with OL 120

So once you go into the truck bay, where is the exit?

So is the right building fire administration or something else?

So once you go into the truck bay, where is the exit?

So is the right building fire administration or something else?
the truck bay is not a building it's just a shed and the right box is the administration of the fire station and the left box is the storage

the truck bay is not a building it's just a shed and the right box is the administration of the fire station and the left box is the storage

Sorry the floor plan is fuzzy

So shed as no overhead doors or similar? I can walk out of the office and kind of directly outside, with out going through a door?