• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Entering Home W/O permission

Builder Bob said:
The nation has made it a significant enough of an issue that Police are required to go to some form of criminal justice academy to become a "certified" Police Office. Until events unfold, the code enforcement officer or a building code inspector will not have to attain the same level of training in order to perform inspections or do code enforcement work for counties or municipalities.I am surprised that more of this doesn't occur. I bet the majority of us have had very little formal training -

If you are a fire investigator, you would have more ability to receive this training as you are considered a canidate for "police" powers.
PC 832, Powers of Arrest, was a required class when I went through Butte College. I am glad I had the class. It has helped when I have had to Code Enforcement.

Sue

Alias said:
PC 832, Powers of Arrest, was a required class when I went through Butte College. I am glad I had the class. It has helped when I have had to Code Enforcement. Sue
I'm guessing it's the power stance.

Min&Max said:
The guy is lucky it wasn't my home. He would have been introduced to my buddy Mr. Ruger.
I'll bet the last thing that went through his mind would be measured in calibers.