• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Gift ideas for the little lady.

Sorry to say we don't exchange gifts. Cards either written or store bought with a message inside works for us. Good meal out during that time does the rest.

The rest of the time we can and do buy things as needed.

A day at a spa... facial, massage.. no phone.. total BLISS..

flowers are nice.. but will not replace a day away having someone treat you nice..

OR.. a nice steak dinner somewhere..

Still, the spa............... *sigh*

jacs said:
last year my husband bought me a gift certificate for a 1-hour massage. It was the best gift ever and it was something I loved, but would never spend the money for on myself. I told him he could buy me that every year and I would love it every time!
peach said:
A day at a spa... facial, massage.. no phone.. total BLISS..
This sounds spot-on.

peach said:
flowers are nice..
They die, waste of money.

Thanks all.

Special thanks to UB for post #4.

"""My friend got a toaster oven for her 50th birthday. Now THAT was a mistake!""""

Isn't 50 silver?????

Yeah, but by your postings on here Lori, you'll probably be soaking in the spa waters

and thinking about doors and door hardware. :D It's that darned "affliction thingy",

...again!

I buy a number of items that I know she would like, then I take back what she didn't want and buy what she tells to get.

I call it "in home shopping". We invented it before they had ebay and infomertials.

globe trekker: Yeah, but by your postings on here Lori, you'll probably be soaking in the spa waters and thinking about doors and door hardware.
Uh-oh...you know me too well. My friends have grown accustomed to seeing me whip out my camera when I see an interesting door. It's part of my charm. :)

not me.. no camera, no phone... notice the code violations.. ignore them... relax!

Wow I'm late to this.......I was out hunting to try to get my wife a buck antler back scratcher. Juzzzzzz kidding. I try to listen to little hints throughout the year and always ask my daughter for some ideas since my wife is really hard to buy for. She is the saver and I'm the spender (wow huh :) ). I think it's a hard gutiar case and some fu fu stuff for her quiet time when I'm away.......yea don't read into that one.....

FM William Burns said:
I try to listen to little hints throughout the year
I do this with great interest and have determined that I'm a dork, I'm an idiot, I spent perfectly good purse/shoe money on books and I never have dinner ready on time.

One year I got my girlfriend a great gift! A Pett PortaPotty . Not only did she claim it was a great gift, it is very practicle and is used when we go deer and elk hunting. I also got bonus points from her daughter and our grandaughter for a gift we all use. And I do empty the bucket when needed, w/o being told. Tomorrow, we are off to elk camp and will use the toilet again.

After My wife and I married seventeen years ago she took up duties as our gofor and trash hauler. That Christmas I bought her a twin axle hydraulic dump trailer. She didn't know how to take it till she lifted the tarp and noticed a few other goodies concealed within. ;)

Bill

Once when I (an architect) was really busy at work, my wife asked that her birthday be a day of undivided attention, which was simply not possible that one particular calendar day. So I took her to a fancy day spa in Beverly Hills and told her I'd be waiting for her to finish her mud bath, facial, etc. I bought her sufficient treatments to make sure I'd have enough time to drive to the construction jobsite and do my inspections, pay draw,etc. and be back in time for lunch.

I switched out of my muddy workboots and made it back to the spa lobby with about 10 minutes to spare. To this day, she's none the wiser.

You are lucky, Yikes...

and so sweet to "wait" for her.... (actually, maybe a good idea.. you never know how much window shopping/actual shopping she'd have done if you weren't there)..

My Christmas gift to my wife of 24 years will be my deployment to Iraq for 12 months starting this week. I am convinced she prefers the company of her three cats to me, which when all other things are considered, isn't that bad of a trade off. If the cats could get jobs, earn money and pay the bills, I would have no value at all. Just sayin'.

My give to my husband of two years is to write a small comic book of his life day to day. I'm also gonna do all the drawings and everything. I'm hoping that it's going to go over well, it's really funny so far. I just hope he takes it well.