• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Go ahead. Tear it apart.

mtlogcabin said:
Now if the P & T drain terminates into the pan that does not meet code. Hard to tell by the picture
I blew it up and it clearly drains under the house. Same as the smitty pan.

Like a pack of rabid ferrets you guys.

I put valves hot and cold as a practice. You can't see the cold shutoff.

Both drains daylight from there and are turned down. Gas shutoff is there.

Water in the pan is from a miscommunication "incident" with my helper. I got wet.

Be still your little hearts, I cleaned up and mopped.

Brent.

mtlogcabin said:
I thought you did a bang up job for a framer :grin:
Well now he is a Jill of all trades.

7defc480b3695d3907e5a9953ce16dab.jpg

pete_t said:
Here's a nitpick for you:Watts

http://www.watts.com/pages/support/tp.asp?catId=64

Water Safety & Flow Control Support - Helpful Tools and Resources

"… Excessive length over 30' (9.14m), or use of more than four elbows or reducing discharge line size will cause a restriction and reduce the discharge capacity of the valve. …"
Oh no........not that....after he burnt the wall and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a cat person so here's my screen saver. But now that you mention it Brent, there's not a lot of difference. We could ask your helper about that.

pete_t said:
Here's a nitpick for you:Watts

http://www.watts.com/pages/support/tp.asp?catId=64

Water Safety & Flow Control Support - Helpful Tools and Resources

"… Excessive length over 30' (9.14m), or use of more than four elbows or reducing discharge line size will cause a restriction and reduce the discharge capacity of the valve. …"
Don't you have someplace you need to be?

Brent.

If MASSDRIVER did the job then it is 100% perfect no matter how ****ty or non-code compliant it really is. After all……..it works doesn't it?

jar546 said:
If MASSDRIVER did the job then it is 100% perfect no matter how ****ty or non-code compliant it really is. After all……..it works doesn't it?
Finally. Someone who understands.

Brent.

mtlogcabin said:
Don't blame us because you haven' been complying with the code :p I thought you did a bang up job for a framer :grin:
Still wondering how he gets the solder to melt with his Estwing......Must have to hit it really hard to generate that much heat...

mtlogcabin said:
FYIUPC does not allow it to terminate under the house.
I'm pretty sure that Brent knows that. ;)

steveray said:
Still wondering how he gets the solder to melt with his Estwing......Must have to hit it really hard to generate that much heat...
I just look at and think about the Seahawks last play call.

It melts.

Brent.

I replaced my gas water heater recently. The second since I have lived in my house. This time, I put the manual gas shut off between the gas pipe and the flex hose. But I did not put any shut off valves between the water flex hoses and the water pipe. I don't know why, I have 1/2 wog valves in the van. I did have to dig more of the dirt floor out because this water heater is taller than the previous heater. And I put some concrete blocks on the dirt this time. If I make it another 20 years, maybe I will do it right at that time.

Tough crowd. I am so glad I did not post any pictures!

mtlogcabin said:
So is it in the crawls space?Come on man up and post some pictures :p.
No, it is in the non-crawl space. But in 1890, cellars did have dirt floors. Unless they put pieces of left over wood flooring on top of the dirt.