• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Howdy! Guest

ICE

Oh Well
There's something for everyone! Whatever brought you here is important to you as it is to all of these like-minded individuals here. Well some are more like-minded than others and there's a few that you're not going to find anywhere but here. That's part of our fun, we know who they are and you don't.

Join the fun. Register and get the full experience. It only took me three years but you're already familiar with a computer.

Talk with experts! Get answers! See the pictures! Post pictures! Use your imagination, the possibilities march on.

Presently there are 1,327 members. Guessing that each has ten years on the job? 13,270 years of knowledge at your fingertips.

Help us learn by sharing your years of experience, 1 to 101, they all count.

Tigerloose

Last edited:
Glad to be back mj,

I gave it away with my first post as ICE. The title is: Call of the Tiger.

ICE said:
There's something for everyone! Whatever brought you here is important to you as it is to all of these like-minded individuals here. Well some are more like-minded than others and there's a few that you're not going to find anywhere but here. That's part of our fun, we know who they are and you don't. Join the fun. Register and get the full experience. It only took me three years but you're already familiar with a computer.

Talk with experts! Get answers! See the pictures! Post pictures! Use your imagination, the possibilities march on.

Presently there are 1,327 members. What's a guess, each has ten years on the job? 13,270 years of knowledge at your fingertips.

Help us learn by sharing your years of experience, 1 to 101, they all count.

Tigerloose
Well now, I think that is the absolute best welcome I have ever seen!!! Well done!

I put this post up to get the attention of the guests' that come here. A lot of you people have cool pictures and this is a visual medium. So let's see your pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
work-about 40 miles as the crow flies; home-about 65 miles different crow

Mr Softy said:
it feels like i've been at this that long. with that long to go...
If you think that was bad.

It's 193,680 months, 5,891,100 days and 141,386,400 hours. Are you feeling better now?

409 of you have taken the plunge since June 30th. What are you waiting for?

It's time for salesmanship. Let's hear some real reasons to become a member and support the forum.

I would think that just having the edit post feature. These fat lil' fingers are all over the place, and a lot of time I hit post reply about the same time I spot one more goof, and then again, and again. I wouldn't want to be without it.

fatboy said:
I would think that just having the edit post feature. These fat lil' fingers are all over the place, and a lot of time I hit post reply about the same time I spot one more goof, and then again, and again. I wouldn't want to be without it.
I'm thinking that you could use it more than you do.....but hey, that's just me. ;)

Now do it with heart....sell it fatboy....move these sawhorses out'a here. It's howdy Guest ....gimme your money.

You might also tell them that if they don't, they may kiss the guest goodbye.

What does it cost for whatever you take away from a visit to this forum? Well that depends on you. How often do you visit? Once a month...That's an expensive habit at $2.91 Or maybe you're a frugal sort like me so you visit daily for the bargain rate of 9.6 cents per day. Now we're talking...that's a habit I can afford.

Consider what you get from this forum.

I am an inspector.

I know that I don't know it all.

I have learned a great many things from the folks here.

I don't know how much I have spent so far but I know it's not $100.

The times that I have thought, "Well now, I'm glad I was here for that" have cost me under 25 cents apiece.

For less than a quarter I learned something that is important to me. You might as well say it's free.

So what about you?

If you are an inspector I've got it pegged, don't I.

If you are here, it is because you get it... you understand that we have an important task.

If you are the kind of person that I would enjoy having lunch with, I know that you appreciate this forum.

You architects with a question. What was that worth? What did your client spend for you to get the answer? Or more to the point, what did you benefit by your query here? It was worth a whole lot more than $35 now wasn't it. If $35 is too much for you, go ahead and ask another question.

Engineers...well you already know that I should be listening to you...not the other way around.

Tiger

I have found this to be an invaluable learning experience. Well worth the money invested. I have learned much in my short time here typically reading threads that I have very little knowledge about. Every once in awhile I can contribute where I have some expertise. But it truly feels like a family and the amassed knowledge is substantial. Ice, your pictures are always worth a chuckle first thing in the morning. Unfortunately I think they are a bit to close geographically for my comfort. The small fee charged to become a sawhorse is easily justified in the knowledge gained, or just for the entertainment value!

San Diego......... I was there a few weeks ago for my first time in CA. I have to say I had a totally biased opinion of California people being a native Floridian and I know I have not seen any other cities there but hands down to date........it was the nicest and most friendly larger city I have had the pleasure to visit.

I am a bit biased as a native, but I also have had the pleasure of living in some great cities, but I must agree. After all we are "Americas Finest City" says the chamber! Pretty much need to be a cross between a mountain goat and a camel if your gonna be a fireman outside the city though.