• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Website Users Group Committee

Codegeek

ICC has a new committee established to evaluate their website. Part of the committee’s responsibility is to evaluate the website making recommendations for technical and content improvements.

I've been appointed to the committee and I know that many users of this forum have some valuable feedback.

If you would like to provide me with some feedback, please PM me and I’ll see what I can do to make sure your ideas/issues are shared with ICC.

:popcorn

interesting.....they must not have liked the feedback they had from the first group/get-together.

Or, maybe even though they tried to implement some of the ideas, they had already alienated enough folks that they could not get a following?

Interesting.....I just tried to log on the ICC main site......got an error message. Tried it separate from my bookmark, still not luck. Anyone else?

Not trying to be a "smarty britches" here, ...would like to

know how many times, from the forum members / guests

/ others, that "The Cow" is going to cry wolf and some

go running and wagging their proverbial [ code ] tails?

Haven't we been down this road multiple times already?

fatboy,

it is broken, why fix it is my opinion:mrgreen: i go there occasionally when i need to take a nap.

Have not used the site much since this one started,

so cannot be of much help.

will have to check it out

north star said:
* *Not trying to be a "smarty britches" here, ...would like to

know how many times, from the forum members / guests

/ others, that "The Cow" is going to cry wolf and some

go running and wagging their proverbial [ code ] tails?

Haven't we been down this road multiple times already?

Been down that road as well. But I have also been appointed to this committee. I will do my very best. Keep in mind that the committee can make a lot of recommendations but the board of directors has the final say.

For the sake of those who do need advice and do use the ICC site, I wish them good luck, for my self this site is all I will use unless the two sites some how merge.

I have to tell all of you that I was also a member of the "Denver Group" that worked on the ICC codes forum. Notice that I'm still only on this website. But my point here is that I, like many that were in Denver learned quite a bit going through the process. Now I will not tip my hand here but be assured there were lessons learned. Also be assured that I will work hard on this new venture and hope something very good will come out of it. That's just me the eternal optimist.

and how long ago was the denver meeting??

and when did they get the forum up and running??

But seriously folks, their e-commerce "store" needs a major overhaul. Purchasing codes, standards, & other products online should not be that tough. I had a heck of a time finding the A117.1-09 edition last week. Products should also be offered in bundles with additional discounts and should show up in a search. The site should also be intuitive in that when you click on a given product associated products automatically show up directly below it. This should also happen when searching for certification requirements. "People who purchased this product for that certification also purchased these products" for another related certification. Each code or standard should also have clearly labeled tabs for additional information. Like a tab for softbound, binder, pdf version, I-Quest version, commentary, etc...

mtlogcabin said:
The whole site is hard to navigate and is about as fast as an old 286 running on DOS commands
My first job was selling electronics at Sears. We sold 286 machines and they had the key on the front you could turn and go from 6mhz up to 12mhz.!!!

C:>

As far as ICC website suggestions go, I don't think mine will be listened to. Ever since I complained about the renewal ripoff (renew early and it resets your renewal date to the date the renewal was paid, making it 2 years and X months instead of 3 years) and the quality of the 2009 books, they won't return my emails.

We purchase all of our books through WABO so all I really use their website for is the ES reports.

If they want compliments, the help wanted board is laid out pretty nice.

I, like others though, will not go to their discussion fourms. I have contributed $$ here and I am very happy with the content and structure as well as the contributions from the member base that exists.

This is starting to sound like more of a rant, rather than useful suggestions.