1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

ICC Website Users Group Committee

Discussion in 'Association Talk' started by Codegeek, Jan 9, 2012.

1. righter101

righter101 Gold Member

My first job was selling electronics at Sears. We sold 286 machines and they had the key on the front you could turn and go from 6mhz up to 12mhz.!!!

C:>

2. righter101

righter101 Gold Member

As far as ICC website suggestions go, I don't think mine will be listened to. Ever since I complained about the renewal ripoff (renew early and it resets your renewal date to the date the renewal was paid, making it 2 years and X months instead of 3 years) and the quality of the 2009 books, they won't return my emails.

We purchase all of our books through WABO so all I really use their website for is the ES reports.

If they want compliments, the help wanted board is laid out pretty nice.

I, like others though, will not go to their discussion fourms. I have contributed $$ here and I am very happy with the content and structure as well as the contributions from the member base that exists.

This is starting to sound like more of a rant, rather than useful suggestions.

3. FM William Burns

FM William Burns Moderator

4. Architect1281

Architect1281 Gold Member

If it's not broken fix it till it is

5. jpranch

jpranch Platinum Member

righter101, not a rant at all. Good constructive stuff. Keep it coming.

#25 jpranch, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  6. cda

cda Sawhorse

Do they allow pictures on the forum site????

7. ICE

ICE Moderator

Before the ICC closed the forum, I was a member. I can still see my name. So I tried to log in. I get the message that I am not in the database. I tried to create a new account but I get the message that I am already in the database. I sent an e-mail to the ICC. I mentioned this in a thread with Kyle, at least I think it's Kyle from ICC. Never heard a word. About that, but lots of other e-mail. I can't say how the forum might work because I can't use it but it sure is a plain Jane affair. And nothing much going on so I'm in no hurry. Two slow forums, who needs tit?

#27 ICE, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
  8. north star

north star Sawhorse

& & &

FMWB,

Them crickets chirping is just downright funny and oh..., so appropriate! :-D

" jp",

Much thanks for all of your work and efforts......All the very best to you

for your eternal optimism!

& & &

9. gbhammer

gbhammer Platinum Member

Who needs what?

The only complaint I have about the ICC site is the fact that it is difficult to find your way around.

10. Codegeek

Codegeek Registered User

It is VERY difficult to navigate through. I'm with jp, the store portion of it is terrible. I'm always buying new codebooks and I have better luck navigating through NFPA's website when it comes to purchasing items. I can't stand the fact that I have to enter my user name and password every single time I want to do something on their site. There's no excuse for not being able to store my information, just like any other site.

Keep the feedback coming folks!

11. mtlogcabin

mtlogcabin Registered User

The candidates bulletin has been reduced to testing only. Good luck trying to find the info for what exams it takes to qualify as a combination inspector or CBCO, CPCO, CMCO, CECO or any other multi certification title. Agree with the other comments about logging in and using any online service they offer. I started buying books elswhere because it was easier. We fax our certification renewals because the online option made mistakes on 2 different occasions.

12. jpranch

jpranch Platinum Member

Exam information and ceu tracking & recertification are also on my radar. Thanks MT.

13. jpranch

jpranch Platinum Member

Well... posted on the ICC site... No response... When will I ever...

14. Mac

Mac Gold Member

I view & post occasionally on the ICC site. It's not as active as this one, so my use reflects the reduceed volume.

Until today. I just tried logging in but the site doesn't remember me, or my email or anything. That is, until I try creating a new account, then it jams me up and... oh to hell with it

15. brudgers

brudgers Platinum Member

Follow precedent set by the last committee to study the ICC's forums and shut them down?

16. brudgers

brudgers Platinum Member

I'm sure if you google the term, all will become clear.

17. brudgers

brudgers Platinum Member

They are cheaper on Amazon as well.

18. mtlogcabin

mtlogcabin Registered User

One guys experience

What he found was not correct. He was looking at the pencil paper exams, missed the computor option, and the 3 test sites available within the state and that test are given weekly

As I said not user friendly

19. gbhammer

gbhammer Platinum Member

Government here frowns on that sort of googling

20. Mac

Mac Gold Member

Well they sent me instructions on changing password & etc pretty quick. Now I'm back on the forum. With a bigger fish!