• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Website Users Group Committee

righter101 said:
As far as ICC website suggestions go, I don't think mine will be listened to. Ever since I complained about the renewal ripoff (renew early and it resets your renewal date to the date the renewal was paid, making it 2 years and X months instead of 3 years) and the quality of the 2009 books, they won't return my emails.We purchase all of our books through WABO so all I really use their website for is the ES reports.

If they want compliments, the help wanted board is laid out pretty nice.

I, like others though, will not go to their discussion fourms. I have contributed $$ here and I am very happy with the content and structure as well as the contributions from the member base that exists.

This is starting to sound like more of a rant, rather than useful suggestions.
righter101, not a rant at all. Good constructive stuff. Keep it coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the ICC closed the forum, I was a member. I can still see my name. So I tried to log in. I get the message that I am not in the database. I tried to create a new account but I get the message that I am already in the database. I sent an e-mail to the ICC. I mentioned this in a thread with Kyle, at least I think it's Kyle from ICC. Never heard a word. About that, but lots of other e-mail. I can't say how the forum might work because I can't use it but it sure is a plain Jane affair. And nothing much going on so I'm in no hurry. Two slow forums, who needs tit?

Last edited by a moderator:
& & &

FMWB,

Them crickets chirping is just downright funny and oh..., so appropriate! :-D

" jp",

Much thanks for all of your work and efforts......All the very best to you

for your eternal optimism!

& & &

ICE said:
Before the ICC closed the forum, I was a member. I can still see my name. So I tried to log in. I get the message that I am not in the database. I tried to create a new account but I get the message that I am already in the database. I sent an e-mail to the ICC. I mentioned this in a thread with Kyle, at least I think it's Kyle from ICC. Never heard a word. About that, but lots of other e-mail. I can't say how the forum might work because I can't use it but it sure is a plain Jane affair. And nothing much going on so I'm in no hurry. Two slow forums, who needs tit?
Who needs what?

The only complaint I have about the ICC site is the fact that it is difficult to find your way around.

gbhammer said:
Who needs what?The only complaint I have about the ICC site is the fact that it is difficult to find your way around.
It is VERY difficult to navigate through. I'm with jp, the store portion of it is terrible. I'm always buying new codebooks and I have better luck navigating through NFPA's website when it comes to purchasing items. I can't stand the fact that I have to enter my user name and password every single time I want to do something on their site. There's no excuse for not being able to store my information, just like any other site.

Keep the feedback coming folks!

The candidates bulletin has been reduced to testing only. Good luck trying to find the info for what exams it takes to qualify as a combination inspector or CBCO, CPCO, CMCO, CECO or any other multi certification title. Agree with the other comments about logging in and using any online service they offer. I started buying books elswhere because it was easier. We fax our certification renewals because the online option made mistakes on 2 different occasions.

I view & post occasionally on the ICC site. It's not as active as this one, so my use reflects the reduceed volume.

Until today. I just tried logging in but the site doesn't remember me, or my email or anything. That is, until I try creating a new account, then it jams me up and... oh to hell with it

Codegeek said:
Not sure. We'll see what happens with this committee.
Follow precedent set by the last committee to study the ICC's forums and shut them down?

You all expressed an interest concerning fire code certifications when I visited with you last week. Under the ICC website in the Training category, they have the info on testing for the fire code. You have to dig in there to find everything. The best I could get out of it is this year they will test in Helena through a professional testing company. There are two offerings this year, spring and fall. Looks like the cost is $180. *********** ******* Fire Marshal says there are study guides available but I couldn’t find them.
One guys experience

What he found was not correct. He was looking at the pencil paper exams, missed the computor option, and the 3 test sites available within the state and that test are given weekly

As I said not user friendly

Well they sent me instructions on changing password & etc pretty quick. Now I'm back on the forum. With a bigger fish!