1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Inspector jobs

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum' started by Tkosinski2, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Tkosinski2

Tkosinski2 Registered User

@mmmarvel i appreciate the help. Moving really isn't an option in my particular situation. My wife has a well paying job locally, she makes more than I do currently so we can't make it difficult on her. I'd like to stay within a 40 mile drive one way. Depending on pay I'd be willing to drive further or what have ya.

2. mmmarvel

mmmarvel Moderator

40 mile radius from where?? I posted some more jobs in CA including one that specifies it's an entry level job. So are you talking 40 radius of LA or what?? Did you look into the firm that I posted the web site to (in a previous message)??

3. mmmarvel

mmmarvel Moderator

4. Tkosinski2

@mmmarvel yeah I was looking at the site. I'm going to apply for permit tech for sure! Any foot in the door with equal pay to what I'm getting currently is the foot I'm looking for. I currently live in San Pedro. I found the drive to Costa Mesa everyday was killing me so I'd rather not travel very far. But if I get my foot in the door and have the ability to later get a job in a city or anything closer than I definitely would be willing to put up with the traffic for a while. I appreciate the links. I'm definitely going to look at them tonight and start applying

5. mmmarvel

mmmarvel Moderator

All I can say is apply, apply, apply the job you can be sure you won't get is the one you don't apply for. Cities and companies have HR departments that decide if you're qualified or not, so don't count yourself out. Don't minimize your experience. You work in the trades/construction, be proud of it, let the people hiring know that. I posted two new jobs in your geographical area today, check them out and apply. Only expense is your time.

6. cda

cda Sawhorse

7. Tkosinski2

Thank you so much guys! So many great ideas and new directions to go. I appreciate all the help and continued help. I feel very welcomed in this forum!

8. mmmarvel

mmmarvel Moderator

Another 3rd party company is SAFEbuilt, they have openings (currently) in LA and other areas of CA. Here is the link.

http://safebuilt.com/current-openings/