• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Insulated Metal Roof Panels for Residential New construction?

CyberPine

Does anybody know or heard of somebody using thick 6, 8 maybe even 10" insulated metal roof panels for the roof of a new primary dwelling in Florida? I've heard R-Values and wind resistance can be adequate.

Something like this:

Thanks.

Sounds like SIP's.....
Usually nowhere near same spans as SIPs can do. More about prefinished, lightweight, speed of construction, and insulation. Lots used for refrigerated storage. And pricey IMHO.

On a lot of my projects - theatres - where project is brick and block and steel frame except wall over long span of proscenium opening for stage - and their light weight pays off.

Was just talking to the people at All Weather Insulated Panels (AWIP) out of Little Rock. They are saying they see no reason you can't use them in Florida Residential. Their specs say the 6" HR3 model (drill through) is R-value 49.

HR3_HR2.png

but do wonder about how durable they are? Later on, Can they be resealed? patched? repaired? resurfaced? individually replaced?

Asking them for delivered price for Two 25'x25' roofs. Sure's it's not gonna be cheap.

Also, in my one story design, roof ends are very low (like 7 or 8') so wonder if we will need a crane?

Does anybody know or heard of somebody using thick 6, 8 maybe even 10" insulated metal roof panels for the roof of a new primary dwelling in Florida? I've heard R-Values and wind resistance can be adequate.

Something like this:

Thanks. for more visit this roofing falls church va
Who has experience with IMP in hot climates? I will be putting up a new shop this spring in South West Florida. It will be 40x80x16 or 60x80x16 if the county will allow it. It will either be a red iron building wrapped in metal or a post frame building wrapped in metal. The main shop will not have HVAC. A `12 x 26 office will be AC'd. For the Main shop I am looking at insulation techniques. Either vapor barrier and spray insulation or bookcase perlings and conventional batten insulation. Pros and Cons to both... With the main focus of keeping heat out of the building. I work in the Middle East and have noticed alot of new buildings going up with Insulated metal panels.

Who has experience with IMP in hot climates? I will be putting up a new shop this spring in South West Florida. It will be 40x80x16 or 60x80x16 if the county will allow it. It will either be a red iron building wrapped in metal or a post frame building wrapped in metal. The main shop will not have HVAC. A `12 x 26 office will be AC'd. For the Main shop I am looking at insulation techniques from roof repair falls church. Either vapor barrier and spray insulation or bookcase perlings and conventional batten insulation. Pros and Cons to both... With the main focus of keeping heat out of the building. I work in the Middle East and have noticed alot of new buildings going up with Insulated metal panels.
no response to this

Seems the meet code for R-value. Anybody know if these polyisocyanurate foam panels would meet Florida Building code for Fire?

Thanks.

IMHO it's up to the manufacturer to provide that information to the designer, and it's up to the designer (or the owner) to forward the information to the building official.

What does Florida have for R106.1 and R106.1.1?