• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Interview later today...

JBI

OK Guys and Gals, today is the day.

I go up to Albany after work today for an interview with the Department of State Codes Division for a field trainers position.

Wish me luck (or something like it :cool:).

Good luck

Good bunch of field trainers up there.. what's left of them.

I figured for sure they wouldn't be replacing anybody with the current budget.

As was said in a recent DOS in-service program, "the law requires you to have 24 hours of in-service training-- it does not say we have to give it to you"

It'd be great to have another person such as yourself breath life into the program. If I have to take high-piled combustible storage one more time (I don't even have hpcs in my jurisdiction), i think i will go crazy!

Good luck!!!

I think it went pretty well. Didn't get too nervous, or say anything too stupid. 'Name dropping' was only done in context of the conversation - not too blatantly. ;) Didn't expect a 'hypothetical', but gave them a good answer to it. Now it's just 'wait and see'.

Mac - Delete some of your 'in' messages, I tried to PM you and got an error message cause your box is full... :(

way to go, you did mention you are a password carrying memeber of the Building Code Message Board.

That should have impressed them....

John Drobysh said:
OK Guys and Gals, today is the day. I go up to Albany after work today for an interview with the Department of State Codes Division for a field trainers position.

Wish me luck (or something like it :cool:).
I wish you luck John, but why the change?

Just curious.

@ Bootleg - Publically? Ready for a change; have thought for a while I'd be good at teaching this stuff; opportunity arose; to get out of the grind of dealing with lying contractors, cheating/clueless homeowners, Property Maintenance/Zoning complaints. Privately? I'll have to PM you... ;-)

John,

I HEAR YOU!!!

Best of luck to you and I know you will be good at anything you chose to do.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
""""@ Bootleg - Publically? Ready for a change; have thought for a while I'd be good at teaching this stuff; opportunity arose; to get out of the grind of dealing with lying contractors, cheating/clueless homeowners, Property Maintenance/Zoning complaints. """""""""""

WHAT is left to teach about???????????

cda said:
""""@ Bootleg - Publically? Ready for a change; have thought for a while I'd be good at teaching this stuff; opportunity arose; to get out of the grind of dealing with lying contractors, cheating/clueless homeowners, Property Maintenance/Zoning complaints. """""""""""WHAT is left to teach about???????????
Significant Changes to the 2009 Code and Soo Bahk Do.

cda - Plenty to teach about, just tired of dealing with it. 17 years is a long time (for me anyway), I need a fresh perspective. Who knows, maybe I'll be back in the trenches sometime, for now i'd like to try something a little different while still in 'codes'.

Bootleg - Teaching Soo Bahk Do would be rewarding spiritually, but right now I need a job that pays...

Well... just got a call from Albany.

I start on May 13th!

Let's hope it's not a 'be careful what you wish for' moment. Looks like I'll be changing my profile location in a few weeks...