• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Interview later today...

John; you should do great if you remember that a teacher can be trained by the students...

kil - Thanks, I was wondering when you'd post one here... suprised you didn't jump on the stair comment though. ;-)

Atta Boy, John!! Congratulations on the good career move. :^ )

Sounds like you will be doing more of what you love. Anytime we get paid to do what we enjoy doing is a bonus!

And thanks for answering Paul's questions about NY's training and your job. It's nice seeing the standard of training and code education is still being held high in parts of this nation. (Mtlogcabin knows we have a ways to go here in MT.)

Jake (and others) - I'm sure the folks in Albany would be a tremendous help in providing information that Illinois (or any other State) could use to implement a Statewide program. The first step will likely be to work with your State Government to establish Statewide mandatory Building Code Enforcement and a Statewide Code. NYS originally tried the 'voluntary' route, but soon realized that too few municipalities were 'voluntarily' adopting or enforcing Codes. Mandatory adoption and enforcment started in the early 80s, and we have made significant progress since then. Of course, given the current financial climate in the USA generally, unfunded mandates aren't likely to be well received and funding is not likely to be there...

Well, it's finally here... my last day as a Code Enforcement Official for the Town of Montgomery. In about an hour and a half I will log off my computer here for the last time. Next Thursday a new adventure begins...

Yep JBI....just another transition in life's many journey's........... ditto enjoy the time off and look forward to the new position molding minds.

Last edited by a moderator: