• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Is an electrical permit required?

And Colorado, kind of stupid, you have to have experience and pass a rigid test to do plumbing or electrical in a structure, but not to build the structure itself.......go figure! :rolleyes:
Well they call it GENERAL CONTRACTING Sounds like Liberal Arts

Well they call it GENERAL CONTRACTING Sounds like Liberal Arts

Trying to sort through the reply.

I think a guy that the is getting the structure built, should be as, or more qualified as the guys putting components in the structure.

JMHO

Trying to sort through the reply.

I think a guy that the is getting the structure built, should be as, or more qualified as the guys putting components in the structure.

JMHO
I agree, reply was my attempt at humor

Actually I believe that 60% of all trades have shared, generic skills: like referring to the drawing or cutting material to length without leaving body parts on the floor. the remaining 40% is specialized. As much as that would suggest that Plumbers are even close to Carpenters in skill level Opps More Trash Talk

A C 10 contractor does not need to be certified to work under their own license but if they work for another C 10 contractor they do have to be, but a contractor holding a B license (general building contractor) doing electrical work does not need to be certified, in my opinion the requirement for CA electricians to be certified when working for a C 10 contractor became law but doing it under other licenses does not require being certified, it should be either expanded to all electrical work or dropped all together.