• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

LP Installation

Marshal Chris

Silver Member
Our office has conducted an inspection at a facility for a temporary installation of LP. The company has installed six 1,000 gallon tanks for heating and other things in the building under construction. In looking at table 6104.3, we couldn't truly determine whether the table quantities was an aggregate total or a per container amount.

Does anyone have some insight?

Chris which edition ifc are you under??

There is in the 2015

It says 2000 gallon aggregate not to exceed 2000. 6104.2

B6155900-7A62-41D5-AC95-98B8ACAAF73C.jpeg

Read footnote d it says aggregate

So looks like they need fifty feet to Building public way property lines

Otherwise would have to see what NFPA 58 says

More than likely the same

I don't believe this is a "consumer" sight. I consider a consumer site where they sell LP. This is a building under construction. So I read footnote d and 6104.2 but don't believe these apply. In fact, it appears as such that the aggregate amount only applies at consumer sites.

QUOTE="Marshal Chris, post: 173969, member: 116"]for some reason, I can't view the picture.[/QUOTE]

Did you see this::

3E040D65-C9A6-44A9-90FD-3B0FA8788E80.jpeg

Are the containers manifolded together or does each container have an individual 2 stage pressure regulator that feeds into the building? If it's manifolded, footnote "d" in Table 6104.3 (2015 IFC) dictates a 50 foot separation distance from the regulated exposures. And this is a consumer site.

Reactions: cda