• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Member count for this site at 1,975

While some of the 2,000 may be stale, there has been periodic spring cleaning. I am excited to be able to read and post in this forum with a breadth of knowledge and interpretation that is continuing to expand with every new member. I have noticed more infrequent posters - they may have a certain topic that they are passionate about - the more members we have, the more frequency with which infrequent posters will post. Even if it's not a user you interact with daily, each can submit a post to help you re-evaluate your own position.

Having not registered recently or logged in as a guest, I haven't seen the text Tiger was describing in an earlier post. Based on the report, I think the suggestions in the IM to FB have merit - First impressions mean a lot.

With the ICC discussion board and blogs now live, there may be the opportunity to draw more members to this more user-friendly board. However, newbies may be deterred at the front door if they are looking for a professional/reliable resource and instead develop a poor first impression of this site.