1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Mixed Use Occupancy Fire Sprinkler Requirements

Discussion in 'Commercial Fire Codes' started by brizoun1, Jan 14, 2020.

1. brizoun1

brizoun1 Registered User

Correction on the typo, section 310.5.2

2. cda

cda Sawhorse

Show me

Do you have a link to post, to the law

3. brizoun1

brizoun1 Registered User

4. brizoun1

brizoun1 Registered User

5. cda

cda Sawhorse

6. e hilton

e hilton Bronze Member

Is the property owned by the business? What names are on the deed?

7. brizoun1

brizoun1 Registered User

The property is not in our business name but is in our personal names. With the loan being backed by our business.

8. FM William Burns

FM William Burns Moderator

Tried reading through all but missed a few but get the issue of the situation. In the event the structure is in a phase where the separated area provision potential MT mentioned earlier on is no longer an option to cut down on sprinkled areas “required”, the best bet is sprinkle it. I read in a reply that it was mentioned you were a FF. If this is correct, I mean no disrespect but remain surprised that sprinklers were not factored into the business plan and scope foundation phase. The possibility exists for a use of sprinklers 13 for ground floor and 13R 2nd floor. Also check with your accountant and apply for the federal sprinkler incentive tax bill break that (finally) went into effect a couple years ago when the newer tax law was established by current administration. Better be quick since it started at 100% for fire protection and may be at 85-90 now and sunset clause kicks in at 2023 I recall. Been out of municipal work for a couple years but know it hadn’t been repealed. Great tax break and could help your finances out in payback for the fire sprinkler system in a few years. Just a thought!

9. mtlogcabin

mtlogcabin Registered User

The way I read it the state law does does not keep the local AHJ from mandating a fire suppression system in a residence through the local adoption process