• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Nail plates

Whether it is or is not inconsequential, should be the Licensed Structural Designer of Record's call, not the inspector.
Have the DoR sign it off or provide a fix. Could be as simple as a Simpson "shoe".

View attachment 11202
If there is a Licensed Structural Designer of Record I suggest that his/her/they/them Licensed Structural Designer of Record make a decision. If there is no Licensed Structural Designer of Record I am supposed to ask them to hire a Licensed Structural Designer or start over with a different outcome.

I have done that and I have also made other determinations. Take for example a 1600 square foot, single story dwelling which has a 24' wall with 20' of bracing and an oops of a big ass hole in some studs.... might be okay with some MST straps etc. I know... that's a terrible thing for an inspector to do. I readily admit that I should have quit years ago.