• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Name the Board Discussion

ewenme

Sawhorse
Jeff has announced that he will possibly be removing the Advanced Code Group moniker from the Board if/when the Board moves to a new server. I asked what the name of the group will be. He answered that we need to have a discussion. I'm throwing this out as a discussion starter.

The Lords of Code Discussion Board? :eek: Nope. I think we need a professional moniker but not a haughty one.

Inspectors' Code Resource? Professional Inspectors Discussion? :geek:

Let the names begin. :cool:

I think the moniker should include the words, "Building Code", and should be inclusive of all professions: inspection, design, etc.

Building Code Forum. Building Code Board. Building Code Q&A. Building Code Discussion Group.

My official submission is Building Code Discussion Group.

Construction Codes Discussion Group would be my amendment to yours Jobsaver... to include all the trades and design professionals as well as inspectors.

Building & Safety Discussion Board

Building & Safety Professionals Discussion Board

Sue, where the west still lives...................

Jobsaver said:
I think the moniker should include the words, "Building Code", and should be inclusive of all professions: inspection, design, etc.Building Code Forum. Building Code Board. Building Code Q&A. Building Code Discussion Group.

My official submission is Building Code Discussion Group.
I completely agree that for the sake of hits it should include the words "building" and "codes". My vote is "Building Codes Forum"

texasbo said:
I completely agree that for the sake of hits it should include the words "building" and "codes". My vote is "Building Codes Forum"
Building Codes Forum. . . Hmmm.

That's better than Building Statutes Forum (B.S. Forum)

It's only Thursday... too soon for Friday humour! I do like the Building Codes Forum, it covers a lot of territory in a few words. I agree with Gene, it's better than the BS Forum.

Since NFPA doesn't have one, I propose the following amendment:

Building & Life Safety Codes Forum

PS....it may get some more activity from users of the LSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it should include the term safety also

Building Safety & Code Forum

Building & Safety Codes Forum

Yank and FM Burns suggestions are both excellent; would vote for any of the three.