• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Name the Board Discussion

Gene Boecker said:
Building Codes Forum. . . Hmmm.That's better than Building Statutes Forum (B.S. Forum)
Building Safety Forum ... with credit to FM Burns.

texasbo said:
Yank and FM Burns suggestions are both excellent; would vote for any of the three.
I like all of three of them better than my suggestion.

Sue, where the west still lives..........

Building and Safety Codes International

Building and Fire Codes International

brudgers said:
Building Safety Forum ... with credit to FM Burns.
Simple, I like it. For search engines, the site can be tagged with a bunch of words like "construction" without having that in the title, can't it?

jar546 said:
International Association of Building Code OfficialsIABCO

www.IABCO.com

www.IABCo_Org
I like this, ^. It has a very professional sound to it. Certainly makes for a good URL, placeholder, and website header.

I like that it affords the opportunity for "the forum" to grow beyond its current form.

I suggest "IABCO Building Code Forum" or "IABCO Building and Life Safety Code Forum"

mj

Not opposed to possibly adding "International" to my proposed amendment to expand the potentials for additional membership from abroad since Intl. may also draw more from the cow.......not offended either :)

My 2 cents worth is that we should not limit the name of this group & forum

with "building code officials".....A lot of the people on here are also involved

with the property sites too! ( i.e. - flood plain managers, ...Zoning,

...property maintenance , etc. )

How about the "International Association of Code Officials" [ IACO.com

/ IACo_Org ]?....By using the ' International ' term, we will have room

for future growth, when Jeff & others travel to the 4 corners of the globe

pimping us and this web site.....FWIW, we will be competing [ more ] with

The Cow too!.....The adage of "Go big or go home" applies here me

thinks! :cool:

Your thoughts!

It needs to be short and sweet and all encompassing. It cannot be too long.

Building Codes, Zoning Codes/Laws, Property Maintenance Codes are all associated but finding a single name is difficult. It needs to be assumed that it is all encompassing if we use the always generalized "Building Codes" which applies to everyone such as architects, engineers, contractors, designers and of course inspectors too.

There are also code forums for: computer language codes such as HTML, bio-genetic codes, top secret codes, etc.

We can not assume that the word code means building but we can assume that building codes (pl) is more encompassing of a specific industry.

Just can't seem to explain my thought process but it was close.

Let's let this discussion continue through the weekend and someone can volunteer to post a poll of options on Monday and we will wait a few days to see the results. How does that sound?

I think it should be "Building Inspectors' Forum", I say this as a non-inspector, even when I link relevant advice on this forum in a contractors' forum I always say something like "Read this on the building inspectors' forum", at other times I'll say something like "Read this on the building inspectors' forum, as you can see even the inspectors can't agree on this matter", contractors fear and feign respect for building inspectors and are more prone to take their advice as information that they are required to follow, as I see it we builders, engineers, and architects are guests in the house of building inspectors here and it should remain that way, ICC connection or not.

FM William Burns said:
Not opposed to possibly adding "International" to my proposed amendment to expand the potentials for additional membership from abroad since Intl. may also draw more from the cow.......not offended either :)
Not being devious like some members here, I didn't think of this excellent idea.

Might we have a "Professional Building and Life Safety Codes Forum"? PBLSCF... not even a double-entendre acronym. :)