• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Name the Board Discussion

ewenme said:
Might we have a "Professional Building and Life Safety Codes Forum"? PBLSCF... not even a double-entendre acronym. :)
Try saying that though, it sounds like a sneeze

Building Codes Bloviated

(Irresistible; they will have to check this out)

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to know if anyone was going to take charge of these ideas and creating a poll. I don't want to be involved so it does not look like I am influencing the decision.

OK..........I've collected, what I interpret as serious suggestions, minus ones with "International" as I got the impression most of us don't want to go there at this time.

Question? Where the HE!! is the poll function????? Guess I'm having a old fart moment?

I'll post the poll if someone will tell me how to get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the top left and click "post new thread", type all the info in, then scroll down and checkmark the poll option and it asks for the category number, default is 4, if you want to put 10 names in the poll, type 10, then save

Next window will ask you to type all the poll info

There are two separate polls posted, I was limited to 10 choices max per poll, but had 17 choices, well, as jeff pointed out, 16 really. Anyway, please vote, I cut the vote off at next Monday, if there is a runaway winner, great, if not I'll narrow it down to the top votes for a final poll.

I think i screwed you up when I merged the two. Since you named them both the exact same thing I thought you double clicked. 17 choices way too many anyway. If you want, get it down to 10 and restart the poll. If you absolutely want to list 17 of them over 2 polls then name the polls #1 and #1 and explain that.

Nah.....it's all good, we'll leave it alone, see what happens.........

I did try to name the second, Forum Name II, didn't come out though.