1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

NYC CRACK DOWN

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by mark handler, Nov 24, 2019.

1. tmurray

tmurray Registered User

All safety inspections here are surprise.

2. tmurray

tmurray Registered User

I guess the same punishment that anyone should endure if an elected official takes something they write and sign it into law. I mean, very few people have everyone vote on everything they write.

3. steveray

steveray Sawhorse

Fixed it.....I'm OK without cops same as other people are OK without the benefit of permits and inspections....

4. mark handler

mark handler Sawhorse

We, including Canada, live in a representative government.

Republic: "A state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives..."
    Democracy: "A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives."

5. my250r11

my250r11 Sawhorse

By signing to paper work for the permit, they give us the permission to enter and inspect anytime during regular operating hours. So I can stop and check in anytime. Our state law allows for us to abate any unsafe or life safety issues. I don't enforce OSHA but could call if you prefer over just fixing it and make it safe. Or if bad enough could just red tag the job until it is corrected. Only had to go to that extreme once. Some people are just hard headed.

6. mark handler

mark handler Sawhorse

Ya think...