• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Pocket Door: Accessible Privacy Latch

Francis Vineyard said:
I'm curious too . . . fire & panic hardware; is there one for door hardware per ICC/ANSI A117.1 404.2.6? Is what being suggested any less compliant than latches and lever handles in restrooms?

Francis
did an assited living and person had installed pocket doors,

state wanted rated doors and latching, so person went ouand bought rated pocket doors, and used the timco latch

http://www.eclisse.co.uk/Latest-News/A-new-30min-Fire-Rated-system-now-available

cda, that's an item I had not seen before. Thanks for that.

The website is not an information rich environment. I'll have to dig around, but I don't see where any USA listing agency has tagged. It might be there and I haven't found it.

What do we suppose the price of this is? In addition to this cash outlay, what is the price of failure of a special door (metric size) from England, whose manufacturer shows no US dealers for parts?