• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

RFS Adoption

I'm afraid your insults are misplaced. I did not call the amount insignificant. I very clearly stated that it depends on your perspective. In terms of the average mortgage payment in this country (which varies wildly depending on the source you use), $25 would tend to be a small percentage. That may not be the case wherever you are. It is where I am. Perspective. See?

We will then see if ICC and its membership can sustain a financially viable organization with declining revenue from the sales of their codes.
That we shall. I, for one, hope they pull it out. The USFBC is not something I would look forward to.

High Desert said:
The proponents of residential sprinklers can stack the ICC vote, but until they get the public buy in, it will go nowhere.
Exactly, we can bash heads with the Home Builders and politicians all we like - but until the public feels that sprinklers are as necessary as smoke alarms and co detectors this will be an uphill battle. If more people can be educated on how RFS save lives we may start to see people freely choose to have RFS installed in their homes, rather than having to require them.