• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Seismic Ceiling grid suspension wires color coded

So your saying the ceiling wires are all one color, the suspended electrical is another color? the suspended data another? plumbing is another color and so on ?
Where is this requirement coming from. I gotta see this in practice

I'm not sure about wires but suspension cables are to be color coded per ASCE 19.

Something to do with readily identifying the cable size during installation & inspection

When part of the Fire Rated Assembly
NEC 300.11 Securing and Supporting......(1) Fire-Rated Assemblies. Wiring located within the cavity of a fire-rated floor/ceiling or roof/ceiling assembly shall not be secured to, or supported by, the ceiling assembly, including the ceiling support wires. An independent means of secure support shall be provided and shall be permitted to be attached to the assembly. Where independent support wires are used, they shall be distinguishable by color, tagging, or other effective means from those that are part of the fire-rated design.....

So is that saying that wires that are not part of the fire rated design need to be identified?

I think he means the wires that support the grid. That’s a new one on me. I could be in the ASTM.
Try seismicceilings.com it’s either Armstrong or USGs website