• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

State of The Building Code Forum

I don't think we want to exclude people' date=' I know Jeff has to keep it viable, but this expense is a once in a blue moon kinda thing, not ongoing...No biggie for a few of us to take this on.[/quote']Steve:

Contributions seem to have stopped, what now? Members don't necessarily have to make the contribution now but to commit to a given amount.

Yep...I wasn't keeping track, but maybe Jeff can chime in with a current total? And then maybe some people can come up with smaller donations that work for them. $10 is like giving up a trip and a half to Starbucks, not really a big deal and we can get closer to the upgrade....Hoping we just get this done and move on.

Jeff:

When Stanford has their continuous alumni fund raising campaigns they list the names and amounts of your classmates embarrassing those who don't contribute (or only contribute small amounts) then they keep updating the list until they reach their goals. I think it kind of nasty but it works, last year they tripled Harvard in alumni donations, this way they are able to give free educations to poor kids, defined as kids with family incomes of less than $125,000 a year get free tuition and the really poor with family incomes of less than $65,000 a year get free room and board too¹. So go ahead and list us by amount donated.

¹ http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/04/stanfords-tuition-giveaway-is-not-good-news/390090/

Jeff:When Stanford has their continuous alumni fund raising campaigns they list the names and amounts of your classmates embarrassing those who don't contribute (or only contribute small amounts) then they keep updating the list until they reach their goals. I think it kind of nasty but it works, last year they tripled Harvard in alumni donations, this way they are able to give free educations to poor kids, defined as kids with family incomes of less than $125,000 a year get free tuition and the really poor with family incomes of less than $65,000 a year get free room and board too¹. So go ahead and list us by amount donated.

¹ http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/04/stanfords-tuition-giveaway-is-not-good-news/390090/
I agree it is nasty so I will post the names but not the amounts. Problem is that some people use different email addresses and I don't know their user names to give them credit.

Jeff

Here is the update on the drive to Xenforo. Those that have donated are:

conarb

TJacobs

Fatboy

steveray

Charles A (don't know username)

My250r11

James P (don't know username)

CCBuilding

MtnArch

John L

If you know your username, please let me know so I can edit this post. Sometimes there is a different email used for Paypal and I can't match the 2 together anyway.

I you are not on that list, I ask that you please be. We are still short but I'm doing it anyway.

I keep getting the following:

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message

I agree it is nasty so I will post the names but not the amounts. Problem is that some people use different email addresses and I don't know their user names to give them credit.

Jeff
Jeff:

How about posting the total so far, maybe also putting the full $100 contribution along side the name of those who have donated the full amount?

Jeff:

How about posting the total so far, maybe also putting the full $100 contribution along side the name of those who have donated the full amount?
I did post the total already on the graph I posted yesterday. It has not changed since then. here it is again.

I have. And the cache at work clears after each day.
OK, thank you Mark. I know a move to a new server does not happen overnight around the world so I hope this issue goes away soon. I see that you are posting and logged in so I am not understand of exactly the problem you are describing. I really hope that the move to Xenforo fixes all of these issues but I am sure we will have some hiccups.

As usual, I am not having any trouble logging on and posting so I can't reproduce what you are describing. Please keep me informed. Jeff

Jeff:

Wonder if this thread could be made to come up first, before you are allowed to go to the thread you want??

At least till the 1000 is hit

Wonder if this thread could be made to come up first, before you are allowed to go to the thread you want??

At least till the 1000 is hit
I wish we had that capability. I will try something else instead. We have been dormant for a few days with no more contributions. :(

UPDATE:

*The new server is up and running. We are officially online for 24 hours now.

*The Xenforo software and add ons were purchased

*The new Xenforo forum is being put together and customized as I type this.

***We have not had a contribution in a few days and are falling short of the $1,000 goal (currently stuck at $670) Send Paypal to info@TheBuildingCodeForum.com

*Those of you that know me, know that I will make sure this happens whether or not I get the money because it is the right thing to do for the continued growth and success of the forum.