• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

User names ?

Re: User names ?

RickAstoria wrote;

My guessing is 'Columbia River _________' and I'm trying to figure out how KILITACT and Columbia River relates.....
Fishing :)

kilitact said:
RickAstoria wrote;
My guessing is 'Columbia River _________' and I'm trying to figure out how KILITACT and Columbia River relates.....
Fishing :)

Ok. Fishing. Whereabouts? You find your way down to Astoria area?

fish?ing

–verb (used without object)

to seek to obtain something indirectly or by artifice: to fish for compliments; to fish for information.

Hmmm... why do I feel that Kilitact might be familiar with the Astoria area ? :cool:

Definition of Kil-i-tact:

A riddle wrapped up in an enigma.

Yeah, I stole that one from Churchill. :roll:

clue:

I think Kilitact is a plans examiner for the most part and also does inspections, is over 50 and has been in code enforcement for at least 15 years. They read a lot, is very analytical, and does enjoy fishing.

High Desert said:
clue:I think Kilitact is a plans examiner for the most part and also does inspections, is over 50 and has been in code enforcement for at least 15 years. They read a lot, is very analytical, and does enjoy fishing.
Sounds like two folks in my area - Steve Winstead (official B.O. of Astoria & Warrenton - Jack Applegate is Building Inspector serving under Steve Winstead) and then there is Jim Byerley.

Right up there in age and experience but Jim Byerley is cool fellow. ABC Plan Reviewer and was an Architect in Florida and an associates degree in engineering.

Kilitact don't quite act like Jim Byerley. Steve Winstead... hmmm... I met him a few times. Jim is an old guy.

As for fishing... I don't know but Jim Byerley is around the area enough to possibly do some fishing.

Edit: Hmmm..... we'll see.

"The answer you seek to the question you ask is written in the riddle that you can't figure out. But the joke is on me because your only task is to figure out the riddle and your capabilities are in doubt."

John Drobysh said:
"The answer you seek to the question you ask is written in the riddle that you can't figure out. But the joke is on me because your only task is to figure out the riddle and your capabilities are in doubt."
I can narrow it down to Columbia River. I'm just trying to figure out how the letters

k i l i t a c t

relates to Columbia River.

Trying to figure the riddle but fishing isn't all that far from cities around the Portland area like Hillsboro and Beaverton.

I don't think it has to do with the Columbia river or fishing..... that's just my guess, though.... :geek:

Either way, I get the feeling that ol' kilitact is loving this mystery and is laughing his ars off! :lol:

High Desert said:
closing in...I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
When the pig fly over ranches nearby crooked rivers dodging golf balls and fishing hooks then returns back to work at a suburb city on the southwest side of a big city next to a big river to review building plans.