• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Vegas Paul

Curry will be sentenced Oct. 31, and could spend the rest of his life in state prison.

Life in prison is to easy---unless I get to design the prison, meal program and "activities".

If they didn't place him in the hole, wouldn't that be a violation of his civil rights if he was opposed to and couldn't function within the general population?. Perhaps he could sue for his freedom.

Date Time Hearing Type - Reason Courtroom

11/14/2014 09:00 AM Sentencing - C40

Paul Curry gets life in prison for wife's poisoning death in San Clemente

The former San Onofre power plant employee slowly poisoned his wife over the course of a year before injecting her with a fatal dose of nicotine in 1994.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/curry-642152-paul-linda.html

Friends and family members never doubted who killed their beloved Linda Curry, but it would take more than two decades for that person to face justice.

A former San Onofre power plant employee was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Friday for killing his wife in 1994 so he could collect on the insurance money.

Paul Curry slowly poisoned Linda Curry, 50, over the course of a year before he finally slipped her a powerful sedative and injected her with a fatal dose of nicotine in their San Clemente home on June 9, 1994.

In the courtroom of Orange County Superior Court Judge Patrick Donahue, Paul Curry, now 57, showed no emotion as the judge handed down the life sentence. His shackles rattled as he was led out of the courtroom.

In her witness impact statement, Linda Curry’s niece, Rickianne Rycraft, said the family never liked Paul Curry and always knew he was the killer. Rycraft described the pain of watching her aunt grow weak from poisoning.

“We know that Linda was slowly poisoned,” she said. “He tortured her.”

A jury in September convicted Paul Curry of first-degree murder with the special circumstance allegations of murder for financial gain and murder by poisoning. The judge last month rejected a motion that Paul Curry was denied his right to due process because of the delayed prosecution.

Police had suspected him from the beginning, but prosecutors didn’t believe they had enough evidence to file charges. The case was relaunched in 2007 and investigators discovered new evidence that revealed a shorter time frame for the nicotine injection.

Sixteen years after his wife’s death, Paul Curry was arrested in 2010 and charged with murder and insurance fraud. At the time of his arrest he was living with his family in Salina, Kan., where he worked as chief county building inspector.

In the trial, Deputy District Attorney Ebrahim Baytieh painted Paul Curry as a cold-blooded killer who viewed his wife as nothing more than a paycheck.

The day after his wife’s funeral, he started applying for life insurance payouts and eventually collected more than $547,000 in insurance and other benefits. He later bought himself a new Cadillac.

Deputy Public Defender Lisa Kopelman argued that Linda Curry had struggled with chronic health issues for years before she married, and little direct evidence points to her husband as a killer.

To explain the high level of nicotine in her system, Kopelman argued that Linda Curry may have used a nicotine enema as a holistic treatment for her many ailments.

Paul and Linda Curry met in 1989 while both were working at the San Onofre nuclear plant. When they married in 1992, he was 35 and she was 48. They were married for 21 months.

Even before her death, the Orange County Sheriff’s Department was questioning the Currys. During a 1993 hospitalization, an unexplained dose of lidocaine was found in an IV bag, suggesting someone had tampered with it.

Linda Curry told detectives that her husband was a likely suspect, according to court documents.

“Well the only person I can think of to have a motive to do it would be Paul, and the only motive I can think of is money,” she said.

Contact the writer: kpuente@ocregister.com

MAN SENTENCED TO LIFE IN PRISON FOR POISONING WIFE IN 1994

http://abc7.com/news/man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-poisoning-wife-in-1994/395659/

By ABC7.com staff

Friday, November 14, 2014 01:49PM

Paul Curry, a former nuclear engineer, has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for poisoning his wife with a lethal injection of nicotine in 1994.

Linda Curry, 50, died just nine months into their marriage. After his wife's death in San Clemente in 1994, Paul Curry moved to Kansas, where he worked as a city building inspector. Curry was arrested in 2010, 16 years after his wife's death. He was charged with murder and insurance fraud.

Prosecutors claimed the motive was $547,695 from his wife's life insurance policies and other benefits, saying Paul Curry had an "insatiable appetite for money."

During the trial, defense attorney Lisa Kopelman told jurors that Curry was a loving husband who nursed his chronically ill wife. But the jury did not agree.

"I think we had a very smart jury that went through all the evidence and kept thinking that for 16 years he was enjoying the fact that, in his mind, he thought he got away with murder," prosecutor Ebrahim Baytieh said

In all instances that I have been involved in the press has always gotten it all wrong, something isn't right here:

Linda Curry, 50, died just nine months into their marriage. After his wife's death in San Clemente in 1994, Paul Curry moved to Kansas, where he worked as a city building inspector.
When we knew him it was in the early 2000s as I recall, he was in Las Vegas then, so one wonders what else they have wrong?

conarb said:
In all instances that I have been involved in the press has always gotten it all wrong, something isn't right here
I have experienced the same. What I haven't seen with this case is any evidence that he did it. There's no denying that it looks kike he did it, but there needs to be evidence. What am I missing?

I saw him on TV. He doesn't look so good.

I wondered the same........where is his time in Vegas?

Regardless, it's too bad, wasted life(s), I met him in Denver when we had the sham meeting with the ICC regarding their forum and the plans to rebuild it, he was a very personable guy.

I wonder if he pokes around here at all..........I don't know enough about the database to go look............

Lots doesn't make sense, in 1994 he has a presumably high-paying job as a nuclear engineer, his wife also has such a job. He kills his wife for $550,000 and eventually takes a job as a building inspector in Las Vegas, later he takes another building inspector job in a small town in Kansas. I read somewhere that his degrees were in chemistry, that's a far cry from nuclear engineer, but would give him knowledge of nicotine toxicity. Seems like the key would be with his associates in the nuclear industry, but presumably the cops have interviewed all of them.

ICE said:
I have experienced the same. What I haven't seen with this case is any evidence that he did it. There's no denying that it looks kike he did it, but there needs to be evidence. What am I missing?I saw him on TV. He doesn't look so good.
"Circumstantial case" they happen all the time

fatboy said:
I wondered the same........where is his time in Vegas?Regardless, it's too bad, wasted life(s), I met him in Denver when we had the sham meeting with the ICC regarding their forum and the plans to rebuild it, he was a very personable guy.

I wonder if he pokes around here at all..........I don't know enough about the database to go look............
Some systems allow some Internet access some none at all

My guess he has had none

conarb said:
I wonder that they base that on, any idea? The guy in prison that I'd like to hear from is Ted Kaczynski, 167 IQ, a member of the "Green" movement, and some are starting to say he was very prescient as we lose our freedoms.
depends on the system. cost money to provide the service

biggest thing I see is it caused a lot more problems if provided

Just send Ted a letter, sure he would be glad to hear from someone

ICE said:
I saw him on TV. He doesn't look so good.
He now has a full beard....

nf1td6-b88259516z.120141114133457000g7f6b4fc.10.jpg