• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Vegas Paul

Because I know most of us old timers who met, consulted, and talked with Paul have followed this tragic story for years now......I saw tonight that NBC Dateline is airing the story tomorrow night at 8 pm EST and 7 pm Central:
FM William Burns: I think you're off a day (or my computer is lying to me.) The show is airing on Friday.

I just watched it. There were enough details which I didn't know previously that convinced me that he did it.....but there's still one question. The claim is that the level of nicotine in her blood was such that death would have come within minutes of reaching that level. So Paul was the only person with her that evening....Ergo, Paul killed her. The prosecution says that a needle mark was found behind her ear. It seems impossible to have a high concentration in her blood if the nicotine was administered subcutaneously behind her ear.

I found it remarkable that he was able to get a job at, and a license to operate, a nuclear reactor by lying on his application. I've heard of fake lawyers and fake doctors but it's a real stretch to become a fake nuclear physicist. I wonder how he buffaloed his way into the Building Official position at Salina Kansas?

He should have tried for King....it's good to be the King.

Last edited by a moderator:
He worked in the building department in Vegas before Salina. The nuclear physicist was a great lie. How did he get away with that has me wondering.

Sub-q in the right place doesn't take long to travel through the body. Insulin is injected sub-q. Some of the newer stuff works in about 10 -15 minutes.

Was it at the very beginning at 6:00 PST? I forgot and turned the TV on about 6:20 and had a hell fo a time trying to find it, Comcast has changed our cable lineup since I last used the TV, the old NBC is now infomercials and I did find a new NBC Bay Area, by then it was 6:30.

pyrguy said:
According to them he did not have a degree.
\ said:
The San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) is an inoperative nuclear power plant located on the Pacific coast of California, in the northwestern corner of San Diego County, south of San Clemente, and situated in Nuclear Regulatory Commission Region IV. The plant is currently in the initial stages of preparation to be decommissioned after being closed in 2013 following the failure of recently replaced steam generators.

When fully functional, the plant had employed over 2,200 people. The station, between the ocean and Interstate 5, is a prominent landmark because of its twin spherical containment buildings, designed to contain any unexpected releases of radiation.

In May 2013 Senator Barbara Boxer, chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, said the modifications had proved to be "unsafe and posed a danger to the eight million people living within 50 miles of the plant,” and she called for a criminal investigation. ¹
If they had non-degreed engineers like Paul, maybe that's why they are being decommissioned.

¹ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Onofre_Nuclear_Generating_Station

getting old, did Paul post on this current forum??

And same question for Las Vegas and Salina where did he get the building credentials to even apply???

What was his job title in Vegas??

\ said:
And same question for Las Vegas and Salina where did he get the building credentials to even apply???
I wondered the same thing, then I realized that someone here said years ago that ICC examinations are open book, a guy smart enough to get a job as a nuclear engineer could certainly easily pass any number of open book exams.

cda said:
getting old, did Paul post on this current forum??
492 times. Started 22 threads. Thanked once. Zero thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this interesting:

48 Hours said:
"The chief of police said, 'Oh, he's a building inspector. He's very smart. He's never gonna talk to you,'" said Shull.

They think building inspectors are very smart. Think of us poor contractors, our livelihood depends on outsmarting building inspectors. He's appealing, if he wins the appeal and gets another building inspector job I wonder if he'll come back here? He talked about tooling around Vegas in his blue '51 Studebaker, I bonded with him since I had a blue '51 Studebaker when I was in college.