• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

virtual inspections

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was out because my family had a cold , i used RVI for insulation inspections and some emergency no power inspections with contractors i felt comfortable with.

It should be up to the inspector to decide if they will accept and what they will not accept doing the RVI.

Whoa. Did i miss an announcement? Voluntary retirement i hope.
The decision was mine alone and the reasons are many but voluntary hardly fits. I am an old dog that likes to learn new tricks so I might reinvent myself ....or if the world gets back to normal I could return to old habits in a new pen.

Last edited:
$ = $

ICE Man,

I think that the Scam-Demic or some affects of it will be a long term
condition...…...It won't be so bad reverting back to the stone age,
afterall, Fred & Barney both had hotty wives ( Wilma & Betty ) and

all of the brontosaurus burgers & ribs that they could eat.

$ = $
The one thing I hate about my profession - men like you. I do NOT appreciate the verbiage & the remarks made. "both had hotty wives" Really?! Is it 1950?

The one thing I hate about my profession - men like you. I do NOT appreciate the verbiage & the remarks made. "both had hotty wives" Really?! Is it 1950?
One thing that you will not find on a job site is a female construction worker. I have met a few women contractors and solar companies have hired women to sit for inspections…..but wearing bags and handling a worm drive….doesn’t happen.

A woman looking in at men at work would benefit from thick skin. I am an unrepentant misogynistic Luddite and I must say, Shirley this forum has been remarkably respectful towards the fairer sex.

Last edited:
Men...? I think you just assumed someone's gender.

A couple of months ago I was performing an inspection when a contractor asked me where "sugar tits" was. He was referring to my female assistant building inspector. What followed was a very uncomfortable conversation for him where I informed him how idiotic it was to call a building inspector that and how it would damage his business in our town. He now calls her by her name.

And one thing i hate is (usually) attractive women who wear too-short-for-business skirts or low cleavage blouses, and manage to strike provocative poses around men. Don’t dress like saturday night when you want to be treated like a business person and be respected for your skills.

You need to visit Montana and I will introduce you to a few laborer's, drywall finishers, painters, and lay in ceilings installers who are women and do an excellent job.
Thanks but I'm a married man.

In a state with way less people than most state capitols I am not surprised.

I ran a construction company located at Chico Ca. The HR dept. came to me and said that we have a problem in that there are no females on the construction crew. I told her that women do not come around looking for work. I said bring a woman and I will put her to work. I suggested that they find a minority woman as we didn't have any minorities either.

Well sure enough up pops a girl. We had a lot of butt to siding so I gave her a caulk gun and set her to work. She went home with a tube of caulk on her clothes and one in her hair. One day was all it took.

Last edited:
And one thing i hate is (usually) attractive women who wear too-short-for-business skirts or low cleavage blouses, and manage to strike provocative poses around men. Don’t dress like saturday night when you want to be treated like a business person and be respected for your skills.
I had a contractor on the hook for working without a permit. The fee was doubled for that mistake. The contractor sent a doll to obtain the permit. She was flirtations and her chest was like "Here ya go, have one" Several times she implored me to waive the double fee. When I was getting close to finalizing the transaction she laid it on thick...well actually on the counter. I told her that I couldn't waive the fee but I could give her a note for her boss telling him how much I appreciated the effort.

Betcha this is the last time Northstar makes a comment about a cartoon character....Be careful about what you say about bugs bunny wearing a dress...

Reactions: ICE
I’ve used & still occasionally use GotoAssist, I share some of ICE’s sentiment on the end user, connection and English. The speed and accuracy of the inspection can be controlled and if it can’t then they reschedule when better conditions or schedule an onsite inspection.

I’ve also participated in ICC’s partner company presentation, they completed a mock HVAC change out. The features are great but again it comes down to end user concerns.

Maybe 5G will magically cure all the connection issues

I’ve used & still occasionally use GotoAssist, I share some of ICE’s sentiment on the end user, connection and English. The speed and accuracy of the inspection can be controlled and if it can’t then they reschedule when better conditions or schedule an onsite inspection.

I’ve also participated in ICC’s partner company presentation, they completed a mock HVAC change out. The features are great but again it comes down to end user concerns.

Maybe 5G will magically cure all the connection issues
I haven't viewed an ICC presentation for HVAC replacement. Was it A/C and a furnace? I consitantly find corrections for HVAC so it would be interesting to see the presentation, do you have a link?

It was just the condenser and it was live when they initially promoted hard, not recorded. It was absolutely a cherry picked presentation to promote the product not so much about the actuals an inspection we would perform.

I haven't viewed an ICC presentation for HVAC replacement. Was it A/C and a furnace? I consitantly find corrections for HVAC so it would be interesting to see the presentation, do you have a link?
It was just the condenser and it was live when they initially promoted hard, not recorded. It was absolutely a cherry picked presentation to promote the product not so much about the actuals an inspection we would perform.

Men...? I think you just assumed someone's gender.

A couple of months ago I was performing an inspection when a contractor asked me where "sugar tits" was. He was referring to my female assistant building inspector. What followed was a very uncomfortable conversation for him where I informed him how idiotic it was to call a building inspector that and how it would damage his business in our town. He now calls her by her name.
THANK YOU!!!

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.