• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What smart phone are you using?

Droid. Great for everything, but awkward as a phone, especially when driving. It does not hang up easily and I have accidentally made a follow call thinking I had hung up. I do not think the sound quality as a phone is all that great. I love all the other features though.

BlackBerry 830.

Get something else.

I can access business as well as personal emails and connect with my calendar at work but anything web based is miserable in the visual display and frequently without the necessary fields available.

where i live there is not a smart enough wireless phone that i can get reception with so i use a ma bell rotary dial phone leased by the month. i use smoke signals on clear days!:mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a Palm Treo, Blackberry, and now iPhone. All were good in their own ways, but unless you need the walkie-talkie feature of a Blackberry, the iPhone wins hands down.

brudgers,

They are not flashy or anything, but I have used different versions of the Palm Treo's for years. Email, calender, appointment reminders,texting, occasional use on the web works fairly simply, they have all been easy to tie back into the computer email and calender system. Phone takes a little getting use to the proper angle to be able to hear well. Will take more abuse than most of the others. Using a model 755 right now, have ordered a Pro (email server upgrade required high level software than the almost 3 year old 755 would run) to replace it.

I like the real button almost full keyboard.

I'll be looking also...I took mine swimming...smart phones don't swim.

TJacobs

WHY do they call them """smart"" phones then??

no Ipad buyers out there??????

I did use pay phones but now all the pay phones are dead in this town.

I just got a pre-pay tracfone and I am very happy with it and no contract.

So how well do any of these work for the aged old rockers with hearing aids.

No comments from the youth out there, your time will come.

Fritz

You don't often see a Red Green comment.. :)

I am resisting any kind of smart phone... leave me a voice mail.. leave me an e-mail... I'll get back to you..

Smart Communications

Use a Note Pad with a Verizon card, have a Yahoo phone account. Use heand phone and mike. Give me both a computer and phone.

I'm using a Jack. Works good as a phone but I am not using the 'smart' features. I like the full keyboard for texting the grandkids and the calendar for keeping track of Dr's appointments and birthdays.

Bootleg said:
I did use pay phones but now all the pay phones are dead in this town. I just got a pre-pay tracfone and I am very happy with it and no contract.
bootleg,

i was considering a trac phone for when i am out where i can get a signal. how is your reception and what was the cost and how do you add minutes?

Fritz said:
So how well do any of these work for the aged old rockers with hearing aids. No comments from the youth out there, your time will come.

fritz,

i hear you i think! tinnitus is a wonderful thing, the phone rings 24/7 between the ears! fillmore west,winterland ballroom, avalon ballroom, altamont pop festival ,construction equipment, chainsaws,jack hammers,shooting sports, and no hearing protection. i would hope that the young people could learn a lesson from us deaf old farts but they too think they are invincible.:mrgreen:

Fritz

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple Motorola flip phone, nothing special. Peach said it great, leave me a message or email and I will get back to you.

Don't need know stinkin smart phone, might show me up!

Actually with budget cuts, guess what everyone is losing? We start straightening used staples next week.

Off topic, but I remain a cellphone refusenik.

Am the only one of my family, even extended family who doesn't have one, except for two brothers who are tech neanderthals even compared to me.

pwood said:
bootleg,i was considering a trac phone for when i am out where i can get a signal. how is your reception and what was the cost and how do you add minutes?
pwood,

I haven't had any problems with the reception.

I bought the phone at Costco for $19.95 with double the minutes which means when you buy 100 minutes you get 200. You can buy more airtime on the Tracfone web site and the phone has a running total on the screen.

The best part is no contract.