• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Which Fitting-Connection is Code Compliant?

I clicked on your picture and zoomed in. On the pic it looks like the sealing locknut and a sealing ring. If there was a gap all they needed to do was to tighten it. BTW, the locking nut is sometimes just on the inside. It only needs to be sealed from one side.

On another note, I will repeat, it does not appear as though the penetration is above the level of live parts.
If by above you mean through the top, you are correct. However my AHJ sees this as meaning from any point on any surface that is above the bottom of the live parts.

312.2 Damp and Wet Locations. In damp or wet locations, surface-type enclosures within the scope of this article shall be placed or equipped so as to prevent moisture or water from entering and accumulating within the cabinet or cutout box, and shall be mounted so there is at least 6- mm (o-in.) airspace between the enclosure and the wall or other supporting surface. Enclosures installed in wet locations shall be weatherproof. For enclosures in wet locations, raceways or cables entering above the level of uninsulated live parts shall use fittings listed for wet locations.

From that level it obviously is above the level of live parts. From the original photo angle it did not. You don't need an AHJ to interpret "above the level of live parts" as it is self explanatory. I know an electrician who was missing the word "level" in the last 5 code book cycles and still thought it only applied when you were above live parts.

Nice installation.

What are the little black square (shields) that the red hots are going through in post #25, I have not seen those before inside a panel?

So the CT's are used to monitor current usage for the PV system?

I haven't seen those used here yet, only a handful of PV systems here with the last one installed last year.