• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

You make the call

jar546

Forum Coordinator
You are doing an electrical rough and find this in the kitchen for a range outlet. The pigtails are number 12 awg. Does this pass or fail and if it fails, what code section under the national electric code would you cite?
08F01920-4F74-4C6C-9B45-B0940FC40363.jpeg

What size are the conductors in the greenfield? It also looks like the flex is pulled out of the fitting a bit, but IMHO, the 12 AWG needs to be changed to 10 AWG.

No I was wondering if that was your concern (maybe from 250.148)
No sir, my concern was the reduction of EGC to a #12 from #6. when #10 is the minimum. I am now told they are going to have that circuit on a 40A breaker but that still requires a #10. The wire nut will take care of the #6 to #10 connection which is compliant providing they use a wire nut listed for those sizes.

Never thought of that as a "terminal" before...how do you get one identified for Al for those of us that still deal with that if the screw does not have to be listed? (which I agree with)....for 10 stranded you would have to call BS on the "thoroughly good connection without damage" piece....If you wanted to