• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CBO Legal/Management Study Guide

Can you please provide a pdf copy of the study guide? I cannot download it from the forum.

So, are you saying that we only need to study chapters 6 through 17 of Bldg Dept admin book?

rajeshvbv said:
Can you please provide a pdf copy of the study guide? I cannot download it from the forum. So, are you saying that we only need to study chapters 6 through 17 of Bldg Dept admin book?
You aren't able to download it as you are not a sawhorse (paid member of the forum)

If you PM me I can email it to you.

OR...you may consider a small contribution to the forum for this valuable information ;)

I used the guide for the books I didn't have time or energy to read in their entirety. (Some of it was pretty deep in the weeds) I did well on the test but there were a few questions I had no idea on and had never come across. I guess they may have come from the few areas I didn't read. If you have the time I would try to read all the references. I thought it was a pretty difficult test and there wasn't really much time to look anything up, Lot of questions in a short amount of time.

Coder said:
:Went from a lot of human resource questions to how much square feet is allowed before high piled combustible storage requires an operational permit?: :D
Answer: IFC 105.6.22 High piled storage, Operational permit required to use a building or a portion of a building for high piled storage exceeding 500 Sq Ft.

pc1

"Now can someone show me the secrete hand shake!"

I've already been told I'm number one before!

pc1

rajeshvbv said:
Can you please provide a pdf copy of the study guide? I cannot download it from the forum. So, are you saying that we only need to study chapters 6 through 17 of Bldg Dept admin book?
Welcome.....

There are other certified califoriianians on here

CBO certification

Hello all,

I am taking the exams for CBO certification. I have passed the technical and failed the legal mgt. I am having trouble with this exam. I realize that this has been posted before but if someone has taken the exam recently with success could you possible share your study habits. Also could you let me know what practice exams you used, any questions/topics you remember and what subjects in the books are important. I realize this not the most glamorous topic but I really need your help. I really do appreciate your time.

Peter J McLaughlin

Local Building Inspector

City of Cambridge Ma.

Hi peter, I haven't taken the exam in a long time so no help there but I am waving at you form Charlton Ma

Yeah, I can't help much either, been ten years now. I focused more of my study on the non-ICC code books, as I was already familiar with the ICC books, and had never seen the others.

Good Luck!