• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Absolutely NO EXCUSE ICC, Really!

V767 said:
Touche, but I think it says that neither one of us have a particularly productive social life. I lol'd at the comment.

V767
This ain't my job.

those of us in Denver directed Kyle to join us here.. on this BB. He gets it... most of ICC gets it .. you eat an elephant one bite at a time.. nothing happens overnight.

An observation from a new member to this forum.

Its usually a bad mistake to hook back up with an ex. I wouldn't.

That being said, many expressed concern during the end days of the ICC bb that threads would be tossed out. They haven't been. The ICC bb archives are still available and still valuable to guys like me (short memory). ICC deserves credit for being a good ex as far as the kids are concerned.

Jobsaver said:
An observation from a new member to this forum. Its usually a bad mistake to hook back up with an ex. I wouldn't.

That being said, many expressed concern during the end days of the ICC bb that threads would be tossed out. They haven't been. The ICC bb archives are still available and still valuable to guys like me (short memory). ICC deserves credit for being a good ex as far as the kids are concerned.
They went on a bender, burned down the house, and left the kids to fend for themselves.

A couple of birthday cards don't cut it.

brudgers:

I am just saying I am glad the ICC bb archived threads and posts (kids) are still available to view. At least they saved the photos. My state and jurisdiction still uses a modified 2006 IFC, IBC, and IRC, so the history is important to some of us. The work there is not wasted.

Just like shutting it down, making the posts accessible was probably a byproduct of other decisions.

The fact that it wasn't brought back as a community indicates that it wasn't done for the general public.

brudgers said:
Just like shutting it down, making the posts accessible was probably a byproduct of other decisions.The fact that it wasn't brought back as a community indicates that it wasn't done for the general public.
It took me a week, but I just fiqured out you were refering to the fact that they chose not to bring the bb back as a community of interest.

It would have been easy to move the whole bb over as a community. I was blind but now I see. Thanks.

You are correct Bootleg! This little group of past members left because of moves made by management. Now they want to woo some back to a fail BB and agenda. The problem is across the country and I can't wait to see just how many show up this week at the hearings.

Some of us are a bit too busy to go to Charlotte... I will say, though, that I'm a little disappointed that we don't even have the paper launch of the new ICC BB. We're closing in on 2 months now..